Table of Contents
Counterspell is a Mage-only spell. This card can be obtained from expert packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Counterspell can be fantastic in the right situation if it stops your opponent from using an important card like Flamestrike or Lay on Hands. However, it is rare that you can accurately predict your opponent's usage of these spells, and they can often have a cheap spell to disarm it harmlessly, especially if they still have The Coin.
2. Constructed Play
Counterspell is sometimes included in Tempo based Mage decks, but since you generally have a lack of Control over your Secret timing due to Mad Scientist, it will often be harmlessly triggered by The Coin.
Counterspell is an average card in Arena. Spells are less common in Arena than in Constructed, but the spells that people do pick are usually quite important. There is still a danger of your Counterspell being activated by a low-cost Spell, a Spare Part or The Coin. If you have one or more Mad Scientists in your deck, you can pick this card more highly.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
- Ben Brode on Promo Cards
- Brian Holinka Leaves World of Warcraft Team
- Destiny 2 PC Release Date, Pre-Order Announced
- New Job Posting Hints at Remastering of Old Titles
- Possible Return of the Lich King Expansion
- EU Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- US Top Hearthstone Players - May 2017 [Official]
- Mulligans Episode 4: Art Gallery
- Mill Rogue - questions
- Miracle Dragon Priest Standard
- Aggro Rogue Standard
- A Preist with a meme for a dream
- The Rate/Improve my deck thread.
- Average amount of dust / cardpack
- Handlock Warlock Un'Goro Standard
- Arena Paladin Tier Lists