FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
KingMe

Welcome Bundle Draws

So the Welcome Bundle has been out a few days by this point and I am just interested to see what everyone got as their Class Legendary. Did you get the one you always dreamed of pulling or did you pull that same one for like the 4th time (Tirion Fordring). 

I pulled Lord Jaraxxus and had actually crafted him about a week before, so slightly salty. But dust is dust I suppose. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CodeRazor said:

I actually got Tirion Fordring (lol, which i already had btw).

But the packs treated me nicely, i opened some gold rares, 1 epic, Malygos and Baron Geddon (already had maly, but cant complain, made around 1400 dust from the packs and Tirion lol).

Very nice. I pulled 1 Golden Frothing Berserker and the rest was eh. I made a little over 900 dust, but still not a but deal for 5 bucks imo. 

Edited by KingMe

The freebie was Velen (one of the 3 missing legendaries from classic), the packs were pretty good too. Got a Ysera (dust), two golden epics, a golden common. So overall good dust value.

Just now, sc47 said:

The freebie was Velen (one of the 3 missing legendaries from classic), the packs were pretty good too. Got a Ysera (dust), two golden epics, a golden common. So overall good dust value.

Nice, I'm still missing Prophet Velen. I had my fingers crossed but the odds were not in my favor. The whole reason of starting this thread was to see roughly what the average dust value was for spending $5. So far, I'm thinking it's still a good deal. 

The free Legendary was Antonidas, which I didnt have yet. Yay!

I also got some nice epics I didnt have yet, Big Game Hunter and Mountain Giant, and a golden Faceless Manipulator (dusted)

14 minutes ago, Allegro said:

The free Legendary was Antonidas, which I didnt have yet. Yay!

I also got some nice epics I didnt have yet, Big Game Hunter and Mountain Giant, and a golden Faceless Manipulator (dusted)

Monstrous. Why don't you love golden playables?

Its also a huge and probably worthless trick, but I occasionally use golden cards as a memory technique. For example, in Worgen OTK you have combo pieces you never want to give away and then the rest of junk, and having them discernibly golden will make hand evaluating slightly easier. Dark Peddlers in my Zoo deck are golden so I can myself remember the Discovered choice. They are also double shiny!

1 hour ago, KingMe said:

Basically you paid $5 for any Legendary you didn't have. Personally I wouldn't feel bad about that trade off but that's just me. 

I'm not sure if this is the conversion rate I like. I was never big on buying packs but regarding "normal" buys it was totally a snag. 5$ buys me 1600 dust, now think of how much dust I need for a single deck...and then the rest of it....

...but then I recall Magic : The Gathering where average cost of a good Standard deck in a good season is around 300$, Modern starts at 600$ and Legacy can beat 2000$....

...and suddenly F2P model doesn't seem bad and I feel like I outsmarted Blizzard buying this bundle. Huh.

Edited by Paracel

I already had two Faceless Manipulators, but the 400 dust is much more valuable to me. I'm saving up for Ysera.

I had never considered using golden cards as memory enhancers, but its a great idea!

Edited by Allegro

I have her for like forever. Played it just once in a "1 mana 1/1s" brawl. A cool card, shame she doesn't see play. Not a staple material.

There could be a lot of cool stuff if they'd make another card that gives Dream Cards, seen a couple of fan-made examples around Hearthpwn.

Edited by Paracel

10 minutes ago, Paracel said:

I'm not sure if this is the conversion rate I like. I was never big on buying packs but regarding "normal" buys it was totally a snag. 5$ buys me 1600 dust, now think of how much dust I need for a single deck...and then the rest of it....

...but then I recall Magic : The Gathering where average cost of a good Standard deck in a good season is around 300$, Modern starts at 600$ and Legacy can beat 2000$....

...and suddenly F2P model doesn't seem bad and I feel like I outsmarted Blizzard buying this bundle. Huh.

Saying on average $5 buys you 1000 dust The most expensive deck on this site would cost someone, just coming in, around $75. That is miles cheaper than any of the physical card games I've played in the past. (Yu-Gi-Oh, Magic) But what this game has over all the over card games is the fact that you don't have to spend a dime to have an actual card collection. 

• Like 1

Antonidas here, I just bought it for the dust anyway. Got 2 more legendaries in the next 2 packs, Alex and Geddon.

My girlfriend got Tirion and, considering she only plays Paladin decks, she was super happy with that.

I got Antonidas as well.  The 10 packs provided nothing of note, but Antonidas let me update an existing deck to have two potential win conditions instead of one, so happy with the rewards.

5 hours ago, Mursilis said:

I got Antonidas as well.  The 10 packs provided nothing of note, but Antonidas let me update an existing deck to have two potential win conditions instead of one, so happy with the rewards.

Tony is the man. Loved using him, he was my first legendary in Hearthstone ever.

...and I am sitting here waiting for my bank to send me the new code to access my online banking so I can buy the bundle FeelsBadMan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

...and I am sitting here waiting for my bank to send me the new code to access my online banking so I can buy the bundle FeelsBadMan

Are you ready for that legendary you already have? :D

6 hours ago, Blainie said:

Are you ready for that legendary you already have? :D

Ready as ever. My first legendary card I have ever gotten was King Mukla. It was also the second one. And again around the 8th place. Too bad he isn't a class legendary so I could get him again :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Ready as ever. My first legendary card I have ever gotten was King Mukla. It was also the second one. And again around the 8th place. Too bad he isn't a class legendary so I could get him again :D

maybe you could make a banana smoothie

• Like 1

On 9/22/2016 at 0:27 AM, positiv2 said:

I know how you feel, I've pulled Tirion Fordring 4 times and Harrison Jones 6 times!!! If Harrison Jones was a class legendary I probably would have gotten him instead of the Lord Jaraxxus that I pulled.

On a side note I would like to take a moment to thank Blizzard for always giving me the legendary that I really wanted.......after I craft them. xD

11 hours ago, KingMe said:

On a side note I would like to take a moment to thank Blizzard for always giving me the legendary that I really wanted.......after I craft them. xD

This normally happens to me too, but there was ONE time.

I was making my first dragon deck, needed dust for Deathwing. Opened packs with gold, got Golden Deathwing. Aw yes.

I was like, I bet I am going to get Crush, he is the only one who doesn't see any play.  Got Velen, which was the one I actually wanted so that was good (I own every one but crush, velen and cenarius).  Then I opened the packs and pulled a King Crush and a golden leeroy.

14 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

I was like, I bet I am going to get Crush, he is the only one who doesn't see any play.  Got Velen, which was the one I actually wanted so that was good (I own every one but crush, velen and cenarius).  Then I opened the packs and pulled a King Crush and a golden leeroy.

I use Crush in my Hunter beast deck.  Seems to work fine and have won quite a few games by drawing him.

15 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

Velen ftw. The king of OTK decks for Priest :D