Lord Jaraxxus — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Lord Jaraxxus is a Warlock-only hero. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Lord Jaraxxus was the precursor to the Death Knight Hero cards which were released in the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion. The card has two very powerful effects, with the weapon and the ability to make 2-Mana 6/6s, both being significant enough to influence most games. The main downside is that Jaraxxus only has 15 health. However, even this can be an upside, as the health is set to 15 when the transformation occurs, which can often represent a heal rather than damage. The other relevant downside is that when you play Jaraxxus, you will often have no other play on that turn, which can leave you open to a counter-attack from your opponent.
Before the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion was released, Lord Jaraxxus was a commonly used finisher card in slower Warlock decks. In more recent decks, Bloodreaver Gul'dan is usually the closer of choice, as it defends you when played by re-summoning all of your demons from the game. Jaraxxus should not be overlooked, however, particularly in decks with fewer demons, or as a second choice alongside Gul'dan.
Lord Jaraxxus is a strong Arena card if you can find the time to get it into play. If you get control of the board, then dropping Jaraxxus will often be enough to close out the game, as a never-ending supply of 2-Mana 6/6 minions should rapidly drain your opponent's resources. If you do not have control of the board, you will need to make sure that there is enough time for you to start getting the value from your Infernals.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Classic Control Paladin Deck
- Book of Heroes Thrall
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens