Lord Jaraxxus — Warlock Card
Table of Contents
Lord Jaraxxus is a Warlock-only hero. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Lord Jaraxxus was the precursor to the Death Knight Hero cards which were released in the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion. The card has two very powerful effects, with the weapon and the ability to make 2-Mana 6/6s, both being significant enough to influence most games. The main downside is that Jaraxxus only has 15 health. However, even this can be an upside, as the health is set to 15 when the transformation occurs, which can often represent a heal rather than damage. The other relevant downside is that when you play Jaraxxus, you will often have no other play on that turn, which can leave you open to a counter-attack from your opponent.
Before the Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion was released, Lord Jaraxxus was a commonly used finisher card in slower Warlock decks. In more recent decks, Bloodreaver Gul'dan is usually the closer of choice, as it defends you when played by re-summoning all of your demons from the game. Jaraxxus should not be overlooked, however, particularly in decks with fewer demons, or as a second choice alongside Gul'dan.
Lord Jaraxxus is a strong Arena card if you can find the time to get it into play. If you get control of the board, then dropping Jaraxxus will often be enough to close out the game, as a never-ending supply of 2-Mana 6/6 minions should rapidly drain your opponent's resources. If you do not have control of the board, you will need to make sure that there is enough time for you to start getting the value from your Infernals.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Activision Blizzard Announces First Quarter 2023 Financial Results
- BlizzCon 2023 Update by Blizzard President Mike Ybarra
- A Misunderstanding May Have Been the Cause of Activision Blizzard Games Not Being Available in China
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- Classic Freeze Mage Deck
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Skeleton Mage Deck
- Gruul the Dragonkiller Challenge
- Classic Face Hunter Deck