FORUMS
Damien

N'Zoth Thief Rogue Wild

Having a lot of fun with this deck.

After trying out, I feel this deck is a bit better than the Yogg Thief Rogue deck. Reason being, even this deck runs a lllloooootttt of card draw  (both actual and pseudo) and you usually have answers in most situations. So i doubt if we actually need the auctioneer here.

Also i felt the Yogg specific deck seems much more fun oriented (although still competitive) as it mainly involves drawing a lot of cards quickly to enable a faster Yogg. This deck is a bit stronger and has a more consistent win condition in N'Zoth. And you also have the Yogg as an alternate win condition.

Faster decks like Aggro Shaman and Hybrid hunter are definitely a problem if they get a strong start, but it definitely has a better matchup against Midrange decks while also being heavily favored against most of the slower decks.

On 9/29/2016 at 9:27 PM, sc47 said:

This deck is a bit stronger and has a more consistent win condition in N'Zoth. And you also have the Yogg as an alternate win condition.

This is probably the key here. Playing Yogg as a win condition could bring you anything on a very large scale. You know exactly what N'zoth is going to be giving you, which lets you prepare more.

Guest kabutozero

should we run yogg still after nerf ? Its not so big of a yogg so I think it can be useful still

On 10/3/2016 at 11:26 AM, Guest kabutozero said:

should we run yogg still after nerf ? Its not so big of a yogg so I think it can be useful still

Yeah even I am considering cutting yogg as it is mostly a gamble now.  Possibly a 2nd Sap/Shadowstrike shoule be fine i guess.

If you are facing more control, then maybe you can add a Sylvanas.

Edit: Actually using Deadly poison now.

Edited by sc47

I don't have yogg so could I replace him with Brann or Sylvanas? I think Brann is a good fit because he combos with a few of the cards

Guest Gambrinus

I don't have Thalnos and I try to avoid using Yogg.  Are Xaril and a second Sap good replacements?

Guest kabutozero

have been using rag for some time instead of yogg. He is not doing bad , but I thought , would 1 auctioneer for that yogg spot do good ?

3 hours ago, Guest kabutozero said:

have been using rag for some time instead of yogg. He is not doing bad , but I thought , would 1 auctioneer for that yogg spot do good ?

This deck runs "only" 12 spells, some of which should not be used to solely draw a card. Ragnaros the Firelord or the swaps I mentioned in the comment above should be better.

I'm interested in playing this deck. I have all of the suggested cards except for Yogg and Thalnos. Since the nerf, I really don't want to craft a Yogg and am 50/50 on crafting Thalnos. I do have Xaril and Sylvanas though. If I was to only swap the Yogg for one of these cards, any recommendation for which? Also any thoughts on whether it would be fine to just sub both for the aforementioned cards?

I love the steal dynamic that they have brought to rogue, it seems super fun. If anyone has any other recommendations I would love to hear them.

20 minutes ago, sMarcHs said:

I'm interested in playing this deck. I have all of the suggested cards except for Yogg and Thalnos. Since the nerf, I really don't want to craft a Yogg and am 50/50 on crafting Thalnos. I do have Xaril and Sylvanas though. If I was to only swap the Yogg for one of these cards, any recommendation for which? Also any thoughts on whether it would be fine to just sub both for the aforementioned cards?

I love the steal dynamic that they have brought to rogue, it seems super fun. If anyone has any other recommendations I would love to hear them.

I recommend crafting Bloodmage Thalnos as he is a classic card and useful in a variety of combo decks, and is a must-have for rogue. Until you craft him, you can use Kobold Geomancer or Journey Below.

Sylvanas Windrunner is a fine swap for Yogg-Saron, Hope's End, and is possibly the best swap in this deck. Xaril, Poisoned Mind is too bad against faster decks, which currently dominate the meta. Maybe its time will come, but you will probably have to wait (at least) until the next expansion.

• Like 1