FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
FeelinFine

Playing against Paladin Murloc Decks

Whenever I venture into casual queue, I inevitably face an inordinate amount of Paladin Murloc decks.  No matter what it seems they have the right amount of control of the board by turn 5 to win the game.  Even if I clear their early minions or effectively trade to control the board, by turn 5 or 6 I'm looking into the face of several of 3/3 murlocs.  Is beating this deck dependent on my own deck choice?  Or is there a general strategy against this deck?

8 hours ago, FeelinFine said:

Is beating this deck dependent on my own deck choice?

This goes for every deck. Maybe you are playing a deck that is countered by aggro murloc pally. 

8 hours ago, FeelinFine said:

Or is there a general strategy against this deck?

Clear the aura buff murlocs (Murloc WarleaderGrimscale Oracle) and the Murloc Tidecaller with high priority. 

Could you upload a replay so we can see what the issue is?

This game needs a game mode phase where you can change your deck before the start so you can optimize it accordingly to your  opponent then.  Either that or give all classes equal amounts of agro, control, aoe spells, etc. available and not locked behind classes.

No replay needed good sir.  I think it's pretty obvious how murlocs work.  I was wondering if there was a strategy against them and your two answers gave me what I was looking for.  Thanks.

Also, if you have transform removals, such as Polymorph or Polymorph: Boar (or also a well-timed Potion of Polymorph), or Entomb/Recycle, try to use them on Murloc Warleader if you are able to get a board/hand that can deal with their other big threats anyway.
If you are running the jade bounce rogue, you can also try to steal Murloc Warleader with Sylvanas Windrunner and Shadowstep it. This gives him one less murloc to work with, ultimately reducing the Paladin's combo damage significantly.