FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Likmask

Rogue Quest

1 hour ago, Mursilis said:

You're referring to the Budget Aggro Murloc deck from this site?

We don't have a midrange murloc paladin yet. I believe L0rinda mentioned it somewhere in his to-do list, so it should be on the site sometime soon, hopefully. Until then, you can try the StrifeCro's midrange murloc paladin.

On 4/12/2017 at 10:10 AM, Mursilis said:

You realize all the decks you mentioned are aggro type decks.  Control and long game type decks that used to work just fine in the previous meta aren't on your list.  If a deck that comes out causes the meta to shift so much purely on its own, and as has been discussed other decks must include cards/strategies specifically to counter that one deck, that deck by definition is OP.  Secret Paladin was the same way.  I'm sure we'll all get used to it as we did with other OP decks.  That doesn't mean we all have to like it.

I'm running my own variation of this Taunt Warrior and Quest Rouge has given me very little problem. Actually my biggest problem with this deck has been Quest Hunter and I can still beat it. I look at this game like rock-paper-scissors; Deck A trumps B, B trumps C and C trumps A. The point of Teching in cards for specific decks are because they are common but common does not mean OP. People loved Faced Shaman, not because it was the best deck in the game but because the games were over, win or lose, fairly quickly. I actually ran Quest rouge for about 20 games today, not because I wanted to get quick wins, but because I wanted 20 quick games as I can't get those with my Warrior. If you are running into a lot of Rouges in your current meta then I would suggest switching to something that counters it until you don't see it as often. Everyone adapts if they want to climb the ladder, Hearthstone has been that way since I started playing a few years back and from my understanding, since the beginning of the game. 

On 4/13/2017 at 5:35 PM, positiv2 said:

We don't have a midrange murloc paladin yet. I believe L0rinda mentioned it somewhere in his to-do list, so it should be on the site sometime soon, hopefully. Until then, you can try the StrifeCro's midrange murloc paladin.

Ok, so I'm not completely blind.  Unfortunately I don't have any of the legendary cards listed and the deck seems like it would suffer without them.  I'll come up with a paladin alternative and keep praying the Rogues stop coming up so lucky with their initial cards.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SithLordOfSnark said:

I play decks with zero legendaries constantly and I think I've lost ONCE to Quest Rogue, so like others have said, gitgud.

Sigh.  I do not believe my issue is skill level thank you very much.  It seems my experience with Quest Rogue is different from others where my opponent has the quest completed and cast by turn 5 or 6 virtually every time.  After that it's four or five 5/5 minions on the board immediately that simply overwhelm me.  Others seem to encounter Rogues who can't get the quest done as quickly, or play aggro themselves so they have lethal damage by turn 6 on their own so could care less what the opponent is doing.  Just means I have to change every single deck I use and play with a different mindset based on the availability of one card.

3 hours ago, OroNerVoSo said:

there are for sure great cards that can counter rogue quest deck. every class got counters for this

quest mage is more dangerous. they can Counterspell or Mana Bind other quests...

or worst...if they got this... Dirty Rat.. :) ?

Mana Bind doesn't really help the mage. The deck is unable to fill the board with small and cheap minions to take advantage of Crystal Core
Recently players started realising that Counterspell is a card, which means they often postpone playing Crystal Core if they have no way of checking for Counterspell. This tactic might work at lower ranks though.
Dirty Rat can be annoying for quest rogue, especially if it pulls a bounce minion (like Gadgetzan Ferryman), but can be dangerous against other decks, especially control and slower midrange. Pulling a Savannah Highmane is often a gg for you. So, Dirty Rat can work as a tech, but currently the meta does not contain enough quest rogues to justify it in decks that do not have any way to synergize with it (such as with Doomsayer or Twisting Nether).

I tried using Snipe as a tech card against the quest rogue and it works rather well but midrange hunter doesn't have any problems against them anyway and there are far better cards to use

PS. My favourite way to kill any quest deck is by Quest Accepting them in the face. 

22 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Mana Bind doesn't really help the mage. The deck is unable to fill the board with small and cheap minions to take advantage of Crystal Core
Recently players started realising that Counterspell is a card, which means they often postpone playing Crystal Core if they have no way of checking for Counterspell. This tactic might work at lower ranks though.
Dirty Rat can be annoying for quest rogue, especially if it pulls a bounce minion (like Gadgetzan Ferryman), but can be dangerous against other decks, especially control and slower midrange. Pulling a Savannah Highmane is often a gg for you. So, Dirty Rat can work as a tech, but currently the meta does not contain enough quest rogues to justify it in decks that do not have any way to synergize with it (such as with Doomsayer or Twisting Nether).

The apprentices will be 5/5 --> extra turn , he don't need antonidas in hand to win. or another ice block.

Sorcerer's Apprentice

and i won't use Dirty Rat if i can't destroy "anything" you drop.

Edited by OroNerVoSo

1 hour ago, OroNerVoSo said:

The apprentices will be 5/5 --> extra turn , he don't need antonidas in hand to win. or another ice block.

Sorcerer's Apprentice

This would however require you to complete the quest, which might not be that easy against quest rogue. If you manage to complete your own quest while also fending the onslaught of 5/5s from the rogue, and still having enough minions on board or in the hand, you will have probably won even without the extra Crystal Core.

1 hour ago, OroNerVoSo said:

and i won't use Dirty Rat if i can't destroy "anything" you drop.

Well, it does destroy the combo, which is the main reason it is run as a counter.