Zadina

Possessed Lackey Reveal: Kobolds & Catacombs

Sign in to follow this  

8 posts in this topic

CEN1VTCGBYXQ1511839722973.jpg

The Demon synergies continue with this new Warlock minion.

This latest card reveal was done by German YouTuber TheWolverous. His video is in German but he has provided English subtitles.

6247c12ec86d30ca7144a4689b0b3f96.png

Yet another understated minion is added to the Kobolds & Catacombs set. A benefit from Possessed Lackey would be to pull a minion like Voidlord or, similarly to the Legendary Warlock weapon, to Recruit big minions with drawbacks, like Pit Lord or Doomguard.

On the other hand, apart from the terrible stats and the random element of Recruiting, the card also suffers from its effect being a "Deathrattle" and not a "Battlecry". Its only difference from Bane of Doom is that it provides a 2/2 body on the board, which still is pretty weak and in a meta where cards like Potion of Madness are still in play, it can have negative effects too. Bane of Doom, also, has a larger pool of minions to pull from (which can be both a good and a bad thing), as opposed to the ones you've included in your deck.

It's obvious that the team is trying to push for a slower Control Demonlock (and a slower meta in general). However, while Demonlock will probably see play, I don't think this card can fit into it. What do you think, dear readers? Make sure to pay a visit to our Kobolds & Catacombs hub for all the info on the upcoming expansion.

Too risky to see any serious play in a control deck. Deathrattle is too uncontrollable to be reliable in a control deck, you don't want your Jaraxxus recruited randomly.

It might see some use in some weird Zoo deck variant where you'd stack the odds by only having demons you don't mind recruiting no matter which one is pulled because it's an extra body no matter what in the end.

Seems terrible unless played in a deck with only big demons. Control Warlock tends to play Voidwalker and I’d imagine will continue to do so after dusting this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keizoku said:

Too risky to see any serious play in a control deck. Deathrattle is too uncontrollable to be reliable in a control deck, you don't want your Jaraxxus recruited randomly.

It might see some use in some weird Zoo deck variant where you'd stack the odds by only having demons you don't mind recruiting no matter which one is pulled because it's an extra body no matter what in the end.

I agree that deathrattle is uncontrollable; but demon decks right now don't play Lord Jaraxxus. And all other demons are fine to draw with this, until your opponentuse Potion of Madness on this and slam it into one of your minions.

Anyways, card is not so bad in my opinion, if you only have demons like VoidlordAbyssal Enforcer and Despicable Dreadlord in your deck, which is a possibility. Having board clear effect of Enforcer would be nice, but still, this card might see play suprisingly.

Evolve shaman on the other hand, will be complete trash after this expansion.

Part of the reason voidcaller is decent is because it's a 3/4 body for 4 mana. Yes, with this card you recruit directly from your deck, but a 5 mana 2/2 deathrattle that could easily pull a voidwalker or other low cost demon is simply not great.

How many spell effects put demons into play? Non-demon cards generating demons work as well.

I'm making a for-fun deck in wild with this guy, mal'ganis and a bunch of spells like implosion, bane of doom, the 1/5 minion that takes one damage and summons an imp at the end of the turn... Kabal trafficker... ahm... and any other thing that generates demons.

Good? Nah. Fun? For the first time on this expansion imo.

I was really hoping to get some nice demons in this expansion, Vulgar Homunculus may be nice but it's not a big dude, I'm still not as convinced as others that Voidlord will be that good. And now that thing not good and not even a demon itself.

I'm happy about anything that hurts evolve but I guess I would rather deal with them and get an expansion with cards I see and think "I want to play this card".

Edited by Caldyrvan