FORUMS
Stan

Bewitched Guardian & Ferocious Howl & Paragon of Light Card Reveals

36814-the-witchstone-card-reveal-book-of

Dog revealed two new Druid cards and JasonZhou unveiled a new Paladin card from the Witchwood expansion!

636588109708088558.png

The card's very similar to Twilight Drake except it has a taunt; it synergizes with adding cards to your hand.

636588110761098811.png

It's similar to Branching Paths, but you trade Mana for versatility. It has a lot of synergy with Spellstone.

Images courtesy of Hearthpwn

Reveal Video

The final card that got revealed recently is a rare Paladin card called Paragon of Light,

636588398911715191.png

Images courtesy of Hearthpwn

• Thanks 1

Paragon of Light seems quite promising. 2/5 are definitly nice stats for 3 Mana. Since Handbuff is leaving standard, her ability has to be triggert with direct buffs I guess. Sooo...Quest-Paladin?

Bewitched Guardian seems also okay. I would pay one extra mana for Taunt on a Twilight Drake.

In regards of "Ferocious Howl"...I really don't know. 3 Mana for something like 6 or 7 armor in average and getting your card back...meh. I think the comparison with Earthen Scales is not very fitting (because it is probably played in a completely different deck) but I also can't see why a hand-Druid would want to get armor for so much mana.

Paragon of Light is a huge threat against aggro you play it on 3 and aggro have to decide if kill it or making you heal by 6 hp next turn with Blessing of Kings and heal you even more to take it down.

Shield Block is unplayable in warrior and druid has better ways to improve spellstone than wasting 3 mana to do nothing.

the taunt I don't know honeslty druid has no good ways to draw aside Ultimate Infestation and new neutrals, if somehow hand druid become playable will be played as a better Twilight Drake since the taunt on something with 9 health is a huge benefit

Howl seems fine.  It is around a shield block most of the time, which is seen in control warrior decks.  It might not see play simply because of the overlap with branching paths though.  

Guardian, I think this card is quite bad.  1 Mana more then Drake for just taunt, meh.  There is the new 5 Mana 3/12 or what ever it is with taunt if you want a huge anti aggro road bump.

Paragon is really good, works with dire wolf, prince K, any buff.  It might not have a deck that can reliably activate it, but if it does this will be an extremely powerful card.

Edited by VaraTreledees

I can see combo decks running howl. Particularly if they’re running oaken summons, in the event they don’t get to wild growth on 2, cycling and gaining armour on 3 is better than hero power generally. Not convinced bewitched guardian is good enough for anything, particularly as cubelock will still be around and hence so will silence. Not sold on hand-druid in general either.

Paragon of Light is nice.

Edited by Bozonik

For the Druid cards: We will have to wait and see how/if hand size Druid develops.

Paragon looks like a good card, what I don't like about it is that it has no synergy with discover taunt or cards like Corpsetaker because it does not have the abilities by default. Also it's weird, it really looks like something I would like to play but I am not sure where to put it :D

Edited by Caldyrvan

5 hours ago, Taan said:

Paragon of Light seems quite promising. 2/5 are definitly nice stats for 3 Mana. Since Handbuff is leaving standard, her ability has to be triggert with direct buffs I guess. Sooo...Quest-Paladin?

Bewitched Guardian seems also okay. I would pay one extra mana for Taunt on a Twilight Drake.

In regards of "Ferocious Howl"...I really don't know. 3 Mana for something like 6 or 7 armor in average and getting your card back...meh. I think the comparison with Earthen Scales is not very fitting (because it is probably played in a completely different deck) but I also can't see why a hand-Druid would want to get armor for so much mana.

I would think more about keleseth instead of buff spells. Some more cards like this with kele would def make a decent deck