Dire Wolf Alpha — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Dire Wolf Alpha is a neutral minion. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Dire Wolf Alpha has a simple effect, but one that results in a lot of interesting gameplay. When you trade a minion which is receiving a buff from Dire Wolf Alpha, the next minion along will then receive a buff. This means that if you have a wide board of minions, you can often use multiple buffs in one turn to remove a huge opposing minion.
In Constructed, Dire Wolf Alpha works well in any deck that produces many cheap minions. Variants of Zoo, Aggro Paladin, and Shaman can all benefit from the Dire Wolf's ability. Where Dire Wolf Alpha really shines, though, is in Hunter decks where it can benefit not only from the cheap minions, but also from any Beast synergies that might be in the deck.
Dire Wolf Alpha is a good card in Arena, as it helps your minions trade favourably with opposing minions. It gives up about one point of stats, which it instantly gives back as long as you have one other minion on the board. If your opponent has managed to get in front, Dire Wolf Alpha becomes a very weak defender, so if you have a deck of very expensive minions, you should rate the Dire Wolf a little lower.
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- South Park's Sword of a Thousands Truths (Boars Included) to Be Added to Hearthstone
- United in Stormwind is Hearthstone's Latest Expansion
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info
- From the Vault: The Overwatch Anniversary 2021 Collection Live on the Blizzard Store
- Enthusiast Gaming Acquires Icy Veins
- Prince Arthas Boss Guide
- Tracker Monster Hunter
- Classic Control Paladin Deck
- Book of Heroes Thrall
- Illidan Stormrage Challenge
- Chenvaala Priest Deck
- Teron Gorefiend Challenge
- Clown Druid Deck - Forged in the Barrens