Cheat Death — Rogue Card
Table of Contents
Cheat Death is a Rogue-only spell. This card was introduced with Kobolds & Catacombs and can now only be obtained through crafting. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
Cheat Death is a Secret that functions as casting Shadowstep on a minion as the opponent kills it. It is a very situational card that functions well in scenarios where you only have powerful threats on the board to return to your hand. Although it reduces the cost of the target by 2, this is negated by the Cost of the Secret itself, making it no better than running another copy of a minion itself, in most situations.
In Constructed, Cheat Death is a card that can be used in niche Rogue decks reliant upon a handful of key minions to allow them to be utilised multiple times. It is also a reasonable enough card to consider in decks using multiple Rogue Secrets, to keep opponents guessing and force them into sub-optimal plays.
In Arena, Cheat Death is a below-average card. The initial loss of tempo from playing the Secret outweighs the value gained from the Shadowstep effect it provides, most of the time.
- End-of-Year Blizzard Update
- US Federal Trade Commission Files Suit to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- US Federal Trade Commission "Likely to File Antitrust Lawsuit" to Block Microsoft Acquisition of Activision Blizzard
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Shaman Card Reveal Recap: November 20th
- Blizzard in China: All the Details, Rumors and New Information
- Hearthstone March of the Lich King Warrior Card Reveal Recap: November 19th
- NetEase Message to Chinese Blizzard Game Players
- Runestones - an accounting error?
- Dalaran Heist Mage Guide
- Dalaran Heist Priest Guide
- Battlegrounds Patches the Pirate
- Battlegrounds Vanndar Stormpike