Cheat Death — Rogue Card
Table of Contents
- 1. General Comments
- 2. Constructed Play
- 3. Arena
- 4. Meta Decks with Cheat Death
- 5. Budget Decks with Cheat Death
Cheat Death is a Rogue-only spell. This card can be obtained from Kobolds & Catacombs packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Cheat Death is a Secret that functions as casting Shadowstep on a minion as the opponent kills it. It is a very situational card that functions well in scenarios where you only have powerful threats on the board to return to your hand. Although it reduces the cost of the target by 2, this is negated by the Cost of the Secret itself, making it no better than running another copy of a minion itself, in most situations.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Cheat Death is a card that can be used in niche Rogue decks reliant upon a handful of key minions to allow them to be utilised multiple times. It is also a reasonable enough card to consider in decks using multiple Rogue Secrets, to keep opponents guessing and force them into sub-optimal plays.
In Arena, Cheat Death is a below-average card. The initial loss of tempo from playing the Secret outweighs the value gained from the Shadowstep effect it provides, most of the time.
4. Meta Decks with Cheat Death
Pogo Rogue Deck 16 spells, 13 minions, 1 hero_card
|6,500||Oct 01 2018|
5. Budget Decks with Cheat Death
Budget Pogo Rogue Deck 18 spells, 12 minions
|3,380||Oct 01 2018|
- Rastakhan's Rumble Card Reveal Schedule
- Belligerent Gnome Reveal: Rastakhan's Rumble
- Ticket Scalper & Heavy Metal! Reveals: Rastakhan's Rumble
- BlizzCon 2018 Diablo Immortal Press Conference Recap
- R/Hearthstone BlizzCon 2018 Interview
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call
- Time Out! Card Reveal by Wronchi
- Update 12.4: New Classic Cards & Rastakhan's Rumble Pre-Purchase
- Shaman Dungeon Run
- Control Warrior
- Malygos Rogue
- Basic Druid Deck
- UK Players
- Whats the cheapest class to get into?
- No +5 Druid decks yet?
- OTK Mage