FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Rumble Run Warlock Guide

Guest Willtato

I've found Warp Stalker to be a very good pickup with Hir'eek's Hunger. It looks underwhelming at first glance, but you can use it once your deck has been depleted to rapidly fatigue yourself to kill your opponent with your shrine.

I used the Blood Pact shrine to complete my first successful Rumble Run. After struggling with all the others, this one seemed incredibly easy.

For teammates, I agree that Leering Bat is top priority, however, Blood Portal was very useful to me as well. Obviously you don't want to play all your spells willy-nilly to drop your health so low that you essentially kill yourself. It takes some planning, like making sure you have a couple of lifesteal minions on the board to keep yourself out of the red. I'm sure a lot of Blood Portal's success is RNG-dependant (acquiring useful spells as opposed to useless ones), but the tempo/value gained from Blood Portal was insane.

As for card buckets, I chose Hir'eek's Legion x2, Jinx x2, Sacrifice, Dire Demons. and Life Takers.

Jinx gave me a couple copies of Ectomancy. That spell always offered huge reward, copying buffed Mistress of Pain and other big demons or taunts.

The guide states that the Sacrifice bucket is very week and should not be considered, but I disagree. The Sacrifice bucket I chose contained Unwilling Sacrifice x2 and a Grim Rally. Imp-losion, Imp Gang Boss, and Fiendish Circle supply you with imp fodder used as fuel for these spells. SO so helpful in maintaining board presence/control. (Grim Rally was also a way to give the shrine and Blood Portal some teeth.)

Dire Demons was picked up once for Mal'Ganis. 'Nuff said.

The Life Takers bucket I picked up at the final round wasn't impressive, but the better of the three options. It gave me a Deathaxe Punisher, and a Felsoul Inquisitor. Punisher buffed Mistress of Pain and Felsoul Inquisitor was copied by Ectomancy (along with buffed Mistress), so it all worked out pretty well anyway.

Hearthstone Screenshot 01-08-19 13.43.44.png

Edited by CaptLando

Guest Hireek

everlasting devotion is pretty useless with Hireeks Hunger. The damage doesn't stack as you have said. Only one shrine will transfer the damage 

On 4/8/2019 at 6:31 AM, Guest Hireek said:

everlasting devotion is pretty useless with Hireeks Hunger. The damage doesn't stack as you have said. Only one shrine will transfer the damage 

This. ^

If you read the card text for Hir'eek's Hunger carefully and think about it, one should not be lead to believe that it would double. It simply states "Whenever your hero takes damage, the enemy takes it instead." If the wording were something like "Whenever your hero takes damage, deal that amount to the enemy hero", then it would double.

Edited by CaptLando
added a card link