Deathaxe Punisher — Neutral Card
Table of Contents
Deathaxe Punisher is a neutral minion. This card can be obtained from Knights of the Frozen Throne packs. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
1. General Comments
Deathaxe Punisher is a fairly weak minion overall. Although it represents a total of 5/5 stats for 4 Mana, the +2/+2 buffing effect is highly dependant on having a Lifesteal minion in hand which is hard to guarantee, as there are no decks dedicated to Lifesteal minion currently. Additionally and perhaps more importantly, there is a delay on the +2/+2 as it targets a minion in hand that is not likely to be played on the same turn, resulting in a significant loss of tempo.
2. Constructed Play
In Constructed, Deathaxe Punisher does not fit into any decks. Even for decks that do run Lifesteal minions, the Battlecry effect is far too inconsistent and weak to be considered in any competitive deck.
In Arena, Deathaxe Punisher is a weak card. In Arena, it is uncommon to draft any minions with Lifesteal and even then it is highly unlikely they will be in hand at the time Deathaxe Punisher is played, resulting in a 4-Mana 3/3 minion almost every time which is very poor.
4. Icy Veins Decks that Contain this Card
There are currently no decks on Icy Veins that use this card.
- Four Common Hearthstone Mistakes And How To Prevent Them
- Odd & Even Hearthside Chat with 4 Cards Revealed
- Patch 10.4: Arena Changes & The Witchwood Pre-Order
- "The Witchwood" Announced As Latest Hearthstone Expansion
- Icy Veins Class Writer Applications Closing Soon
- What's the Move #18 - Figuring out Fatigue
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #11
- Patch 10.4 Bringing Big Changes, Blizzcon Cards To The Arena
- Witchwood Worth it?
- The Witchwood Expansion Hub
- Throwback Decks
- Help me build this warrior
- The Lich King
- Wild Paladin OTK Deck
- OTK Djinni Priest Standard
- New player looking for deck building advice please