FORUMS
Damien

DPS Rankings

On 9/24/2019 at 2:45 PM, Guest Anon said:

Orcs and trolls dont start in dun morough. They start in durotar

Hey, which guide are you seeing this in? I don't think this comment belongs on this guide.

Guest Harby

Warlocks are definitely not in the A list. Flip them with mages  or Hunters. A ton of their spells are going to get resisted and if they are not close to the boss to decrease travel time with their shadow bolts to take advantage of the improved sbolt damage debuff (which falls off extremely fast in a 40man) then their DPS will scale purely with luck,

Guest What

Hunters are top single target DPS pretty much until AQ.. tied with feral druids? What is this? You say this guide is for pre-raid BIS... so it’s pretty much completely wrong. Warriors are terrible dps until full BWL gear and ANY melee class does considerably lower damage on most phase 1 fights. 

Guest Crest

Under the balance druid part it says "Balance Druids bring a small 3% spell damage increase to their group" but they actually give a spell critical chance buff.

Guest Guest Who
On 9/29/2019 at 8:15 AM, Blainie said:

Hey, which guide are you seeing this in? I don't think this comment belongs on this guide.

I know this is not the correct guide, however, the comment link from https://www.icy-veins.com/wow-classic/leveling-guide leads here.  There is a typo stating that the Orc and Troll starting location is Dun Morogh where it should read Durotar.

Race Starting Zone Secondary Zone
Night Elf Teldrassil (1-10) Darkshore (10-20)
Dwarf and Gnome Dun Morogh (1-10) Loch Modan (10-20)
Human Elwynn Forest (1-10) Westfall (10-20)
Orc and Troll Dun Morogh (1-10) Barrens (10-25)
Tauren Mulgore (1-10) Barrens (10-25)
Undead Trisfal Glades (1-10) Silverpine Forest (10-20)

Guest Guest

I looked up the top 100 dps per class for blackwing lair, to decide between my feral and my warlock. And surprisingly the top 100 ferals did significally more dps on average and had higher top dps, than warlocks... With the 3% crit, battlerezz and one of the best buffs they should be higher tier.

7 hours ago, Guest Niushi said:

Shadow Priests belong on B Tier, change my mind.

I mean, not to be rude, but I'd say that's probably your job to change the writer's mind, not the other way round ?

Guest Guest

but only other Ret Paladins can benefit from it, since no other DPS do Holy damage

Smite priest is very viable. A proper smite build benefits immensely both from improved seal of the crusader and from sanctity aura, and the combination of a smite priest and a ret paladin makes the smite priest one of the highest DPS characters in the game (the trade-off being poor mana efficiency).

On 9/16/2020 at 6:24 AM, Guest Guest said:

Smite priest is very viable. A proper smite build benefits immensely both from improved seal of the crusader and from sanctity aura, and the combination of a smite priest and a ret paladin makes the smite priest one of the highest DPS characters in the game (the trade-off being poor mana efficiency).

I agree on the viability of Smite (Holy) Priests for PvE DPS, and it's a pretty good time for just standing in the back and casting spells.

Holy damage is resisted significantly less than Shadow.  Holy's bread and butter damage spell -- Smite -- does significantly more damage than the equivalent Shadow spell, Mind Flay -- about a 7:5 ratio.  Holy tree talents give better damage bonuses than Shadow, even considering Vampiric Embrace and Shadowform, and especially when Spiritual Guidance is reached -- giving (at least for me) about a 13% damage and healing bonus with just five points invested.  And (contrary to some claims, disproved through testing) Holy spells benefit from (undifferentiated) spell power gear.  Shadow Priests effectively miss out on the class's best opener, Holy Fire, unless they pay a heavy mana penalty.  The same goes for healing, making Holy Priests more flexible.

In group play it's a lot of fun off-tanking and burning down enemy casters -- they die quickly for not much of your health lost -- and as a non-Human with perhaps a bit of resistance gear you can likely tank that caster better than the tank himself.  Open with Power Word: Shield (to soak up spell hits and avoid interrupts), then Shadow Word: Pain and Holy Fire to get some interrupting DoT's going; finish off with Smite.  I keep half an eye on the tank and healer and toss in shields/heals as needed.

Beyond prioritizing spell power I maintain two sets of gear -- one set pumping my Intellect and mana up as high as I can for group DPS/anti-caster OT/pinch healing (more mana = more flexibility/more damage/healing per battle), and a more balanced Int/Stamina gear set for solo play.  (Focusing on more Spirit isn't worth it, despite that big fat Spiritual Guidance bonus; better to simply go with more Int.)

Guest Spriest r1gloves

the gloves do not reduce Mindblast cooldodwn. it gives 50% chance of avoiding interuption.