Race Guide to Trolls
Trolls are, on the whole, an extremely hostile race of Azeroth, seeking the destruction of every other race they encounter. The Darkspear Trolls are an exception, instead allying themselves with Thrall and the Horde. They can be played as Hunters, Mages, Priests, Rogues, Shamans, and Warriors in World of Warcraft: Classic.
The vicious Jungle Trolls, who populate the numerous islands of the South Seas, are renowned for their cruelty and dark mysticism. Barbarous and superstitious, the wily Trolls carry a seething hatred for all other races.
One tribe, however, was forced to overcome its prejudices when it encountered the Orc Warchief, Thrall, and his mighty Horde. The Trolls of the Darkspear tribe, long since exiled from their ancestral lands in Stranglethorn Vale, were nearly destroyed by a band of aquatic Murlocs, but Thrall and the Horde managed to save them. In return the grateful Trolls swore an oath of eternal allegiance to the Horde.
Led by the cunning Shadow Hunter, Vol'jin, the Darkspear Trolls now make their home in Durotar along with their Orcish allies. Their village, named after their fallen tribal elder, Sen'jin, lies along the eastern coast of the harsh, rocky land. The Darkspear tribe also occupies tracks within the nearby jungles of the Echo Isles.
As part of the Horde, the Trolls have extended their loyalty to the mighty Tauren, but they have little trust for the manipulative Forsaken, whom they believe will visit only misery and strife upon their allies.
The racial mounts of the Trolls are the raptors, which can be purchased from Zjolnir in Sen'jin Village. There are 6 Troll race mounts in Classic.
- Whistle of the Emerald Raptor — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Whistle of the Turquoise Raptor — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Whistle of the Violet Raptor — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Swift Blue Raptor — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Swift Olive Raptor — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Swift Orange Raptor — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Beast Slaying — Passively increases damage dealt to Beasts by 5%.
- Berserking — Increases your casting and attack speed by 10 to 30%, depending on your current health. The lower your health is, the higher the increase. This lasts 10 seconds and have a 3-minute cooldown.
- Bow Specialization — Your skill with Bows is increased by 5.
- Regeneration — Your rate of health regeneration is increased by 10%. You will also regenerate 10% of your total health regeneration while in combat.
- Throwing Specialization — Your skill with Throwing Weapons is increased by 5.
Trolls can be played as the following classes in Classic.
- Hunter — Troll is the best choice for a Hunter looking to increase their damage with their race choice. Berserking is a great DPS boost, as well as Beast Slaying and Bow Specialization being useful in certain situations.
- Mage — Troll is the best PvE race for Horde Mages, as Berserking is a great DPS boost.
- Priest — Trolls do not offer much to Priests, but neither do Undead, the other Horde option. Undead is the superior choice for PvP, due to Will of the Forsaken, but the two are fairly equal for PvE.
- Rogue — Trolls have access to Berserking, which can be a very powerful cooldown, but you are unlikely to be low enough on HP to get the full benefit of it as a Rogue. They are still a better choice than Undead for PvE, however.
- Shaman — Troll is the best race for PvE for both Restoration and Elemental Shaman players, but it is far outclassed by Orc for Enhancement. In PvP, Orc is still better than Troll for all of the specs.
- Warrior — As a DPS, Trolls can potentially be even better than Orcs, but only on shorter fights, which you are unlikely to encounter when progressing a new fight. As tanks, it is very easy to trigger Berserking for its full effect, as you will be low HP far more often than as a DPS. This is useful for a burst of threat and, at least as main tanks, Trolls are an excellent choice for tanking.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: December 4th
- SoD Metamorphosis Rune Changes Coming Today or Tomorrow
- Blizzard on Warlock's Metamorphosis Rune Acquisition
- Professions Capped at 150 Skill in Season of Discovery Phase 1
- Gates of Ahn'Qiraj Open on Season of Discovery Realms
- Metamorphosis Rune Found in Season of Discovery
- SoD Runes Do Not Work When Equipment Breaks
- World First Season of Discovery Blackfathom Deeps Raid Clear