Race Guide to Dwarves
The dwarves, creations of the titans that were afflicted with the Curse of Flesh, are one of the four races available to Alliance players. They can be played as Hunters, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, and Warriors in World of Warcraft: Classic.
The stoic dwarves of Ironforge are an ancient race of robust humanoids who live beneath the snow-capped mountains of Khaz Modan. The Dwarves have always been fast allies with the Humans, and they revel in the prospects of battle and storytelling alike. In past ages, the Dwarves rarely left the safety of their mountain fortresses. However, whenever the call to battle sounded, they rose up to defend their friends and allies with unmatched courage and valor. Due to a recent discovery that uncovered fragments of their ancient origins, the Dwarves have undergone a remarkable transformation. The discovery convinced the Dwarves that the mighty Titans created them from stone when the world was young. They feel that their destiny is now to search the world over for more signs and proof of their enchanted heritage and to rediscover the Titans' hidden legacies. To this end, the Dwarves have sent out their Prospectors to all ends of the world in the hopes of discovering new insight into their shrouded past. These journeys led to Dwarven excavation sites all over the known world, some of which serve as outposts and some of which serve as potential hunting grounds for enemies of the Dwarven race.
The racial mounts of the Dwarves are Rams and can be purchased from Veron Amberstill in Dun Morogh. There are 6 Rams available in Classic.
- Brown Ram — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Gray Ram — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- White Ram — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Swift Brown Ram — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Swift Gray Ram — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Swift White Ram — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Find Treasure — This ability can be used to scan for nearby treasure on the minimap.
- Frost Resistance — Frost Resistance increased by 10.
- Gun Specialization — Skill with Guns increased by 5.
- Stoneform — When used, this ability grans immunity to Bleed, Poison, and Disease effects, as well as 10% additional armour for its duration. This lasts 8 seconds and has a 3-minute cooldown.
Dwarves can be played as the following classes in Classic.
- Hunter — Dwarf Hunter can be a solid PvP choice due to Stoneform, but they have no real bonus in PvE. Guns are much rarer than Bows, so Gun Specialization is rarely useful.
- Paladin — As a Holy Paladin, Dwarves are a solid choice, but Humans outclass them in all other specs.
- Priest — Dwarf is the best race for both PvE and PvP as any Priest spec on Alliance. The Dwarf-specific Priest abilities are Desperate Prayer and Fear Ward.
- Rogue — In PvP, Dwarves are a solid race for Alliance Rogues due to their Stoneform. For PvE, there are better choices, such as Human or Night Elf.
- Warrior — Dwarf Warriors are a solid choice in PvP due to Stoneform. This ability can also be used in PvE as a tank to dispel certain raid debuffs. Dwarf also has strong baseline stats for playing as a tank.
- 24 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES