Race Guide to Orcs
The Orcs, a race brought to the world of Azeroth through the Dark Portal, are one of the four races available to Horde players in World of Warcraft: Classic. They can play as Hunters, Rogues, Shamans, Warlocks, and Warriors.
The savage, green-skinned Orcs are one of the most prolific races of Azeroth. They are commonly believed to be brutal and mindless, possessing no humanity or empathy for other races. Born on the hellish world of Draenor, the Orcs were brought into the kingdom of Stormwind through the dimensional gateway known as the Dark Portal and forced to wage war on the Humans. Although few are aware of their history, the Orcs once cultivated a noble, Shamanistic society on the world of Draenor. Tragically, the proud Orc clans were corrupted by the Burning Legion and used as pawns in the Legion's invasion of Azeroth. The Orcs managed to rebel, however, and they were ultimately able to help turn the tide against their demon masters. Led by the young Warchief, Thrall, the Orcs have reclaimed their strength and honor. Now, the Orcs stand ready to fight not for the sake of conquest, but for their right to survive in their adopted world.
The racial mounts of the Orcs are wolves and can be purchased from Ogunaro Wolfrunner in Orgrimmar. There are 6 available in Classic.
- Horn of the Brown Wolf — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Horn of the Dire Wolf — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Horn of the Timber Wolf — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Horn of the Swift Brown Wolf — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Horn of the Swift Gray Wolf — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Horn of the Swift Timber Wolf — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Axe Specialization — Your skill with Axes is increased by 5, which means you have less chance to miss or deal a glancing blow, as well as lowering the chance of an enemy will parry your attack.
- Blood Fury — This skill increases your base melee attack power by 25% for 15 seconds, but reduces the healing received by 50% for 25 seconds. It has a 2-minute cooldown.
- Command — This passively increases the damage your pet deals by 5%.
- Hardiness — This increases your chance to fully resist stuns by 25%.
Orcs can be played as the following classes in Classic.
- Hunter — Orc Hunters are a popular choice for PvP, due to their passive Hardiness. They also receive increased damage from Command to their pets.
- Rogue — Orc Rogues are excellent in all forms of content. Hardiness is a great passive for PvP and Blood Fury is a strong cooldown in all scenarios, assuming you do not require heavy healing while it is up.
- Shaman — Orc Shamans are a strong choice for PvP, due to their passive Hardiness. If you are planning to play Enhancement, then they are also the best PvE choice, as they can benefit from Axe Specialization and Blood Fury.
- Warlock — Orc Warlocks are a strong choice for PvP, due to their passive Hardiness. Command can also be a boost to the damage from your pet in certain situations, but this is normally only the case in PvE and with certain talent builds.
- Warrior — Orc Warriors are excellent in both PvE and PvP, as they benefit from Axe Specialization and Blood Fury, as well as Hardiness as a passive for PvP. As tanks, they have very good threat building capabilities, due to Axe Specialization.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- World's Fastest Naxxramas Speed Clear By Salad Bakers
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- The "Final Boss of Classic": Level 1 Raid Takes on Hogger
- We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- TBC Transition+
- [H][EU][Skullflame] Impact Recruiting to raid Naxx Wednesday and Sunday
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Shadowlands Threads of Fate Question
- Power Word: Shield Macro
- Looking for an addon or someone to make it
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap