Race Guide to Night Elves
After the destruction of the Well of Eternity, Night Elves shifted their focus from the Arcane to the practice of Druidic rituals. They are one of the four races available to Alliance players and are the only Alliance race that can be Druids. As well as this, they can be played as Hunters, Priests, Rogues, and Warriors in World of Warcraft: Classic.
The reclusive Night Elves were the first race to awaken in the World of Warcraft. These shadowy, immortal beings were the first to study magic and let it loose throughout the world nearly ten thousand years before Warcraft I. The Night Elves' reckless use of magic drew the Burning Legion into the world and led to a catastrophic war between the two titanic races. The Night Elves barely managed to banish the Legion from the world, but their wondrous homeland was shattered and drowned by the sea. Until recently, the Night Elves closed themselves off from the rest of the world and remained hidden atop their holy mountain of Hyjal for many thousands of years. The Legion's invasion brought the Night Elves out of their long period of slumber. They now have renewed interest in shaping the world, and for the first time are allying themselves with other races to insure the continued survival of Azeroth. As a race, Night Elves are typically honorable and just, but they are very distrusting of the 'lesser races' of the world. They are nocturnal by nature and their shadowy powers often elicit the same distrust that they have for their mortal neighbors.
2. Racial Mounts
The racial mounts of the Night Elves are Nightsabers and can be purchased from Lelanai in Darnassus. There are 6 Nightsabers available in Classic.
- Reins of the Spotted Frostsaber — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Reins of the Striped Frostsaber — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Reins of the Striped Nightsaber — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Reins of the Swift Frostsaber — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Reins of the Swift Mistsaber — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Reins of the Swift Stormsaber — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Nature Resistance — Nature Resistance increased by 10.
- Quickness — Chance to dodge increased by 1%.
- Shadowmeld — When activated, this ability will put you into a form of stealth, making enemies less likely to detect you. This effect will be cancelled as soon as you move.
- Wisp Spirit — Your movement speed while dead is increased by 50%.
Night Elves can be played as the following classes in Classic.
- Druid — Night Elves are the only choice for Alliance Druid players.
- Hunter — Shadowmeld can be useful in PvP for Hunters, but the difference in damage output between Night Elves and Dwarves is very minor in all scenarios.
- Priest — Night Elf is a worse choice than Dwarf in all scenarios as both a healer and DPS. The Night Elf-specific Priest abilities are Starshards and Elune's Grace.
- Rogue — For Rogues, Night Elf is a very average choice in both PvP and PvE. There are better choices for both types of content, such as Human for PvE or Gnome for PvP.
- Warrior — Night Elves are an average choice for Warriors, with a slight Dodge chance increase from Quickness that can help with tanking and Shadowmeld for PvP. These can be useful, but there are better options.
- 24 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves (US) Coming September 19th
- New Realms and Free Character Moves for Brasil, Latin America, and Spain
- Buff Slot Clarifications and Upcoming Hotfixes
- WoW Classic EU Queue Times: September 18th
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tuesday 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|