Race Guide to Humans
The Humans of Azeroth are one of the youngest races, but one of the most resilient, having rebuilt their kingdom after the destruction that the wars against the Horde and the Legion brought. They can be played as Mages, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Warlocks, and Warriors in World of Warcraft: Classic.
The Humans of Stormwind are a resilient breed, having survived an invasion by the savage Orcs during the First War. During the Second War, the armies of Stormwind rallied with the Alliance to reclaim their homeland of Azeroth. After the success of the Second War, Stormwind was rebuilt and Human civilization began to flourish once again throughout the southlands. With the recent invasion of the Burning Legion - which left the northern kingdom of Lordaeron in ruins - Stormwind now stands as the last bastion of human civilization. Following the heroic examples of the legendary Sir Lothar and King Llane, the defenders of Stormwind are considered to be among the fiercest warriors in the land. They stand resolute in their charge to maintain the honor and might of humanity in an ever-darkening world.
The racial mounts of the Humans are horses and can be purchased from Gregor MacVince in Dustwallow Marsh, Katie Hunter in Elwynn Forest, Merideth Carlson in Hillsbrad Foothills, and Unger Statforth in the Wetlands. There are 7 available in Classic, with each vendor having different ones available.
Three of the vendors, the ones in Dustwallow Marsh, Elwynn Forest, and Hillsbrad Foothills have the following 6 mounts available:
- Brown Horse Bridle — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Chestnut Mare Bridle — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Pinto Bridle — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Swift Brown Steed — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Swift Palomino — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Swift White Steed — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
The final vendor in the Wetlands has the 3 rare mounts available, as well as an additional mount that no other vendor sells, the Black Stallion Bridle.
- Diplomacy — Gain a 10% bonus to any faction point gains.
- Mace Specialization — Increases your skill with one-hand and two-hand Maces by 5.
- Perception — This increases stealth detection for 20 seconds, with a cooldown of 3 minutes.
- Sword Specialization — Increases your skill with one-hand and two-hand Swords by 5.
- The Human Spirit — Increases your Spirit by 5%.
Humans can be played as the following classes in Classic.
- Mage — Human Mages are weaker than Gnomes in almost every aspect, so they should only be chosen based on the aesthetic of the race.
- Paladin — For PvE and PvP, Humans are the best choice for Paladins hoping to play as Retribution or Protection, mainly due to Mace Specialization and Sword Specialization. For Holy, they are worse than Dwarves.
- Priest — Human Priests are generally worse in PvE and PvP for both DPS and Healing than Dwarves. You can still choose Human, as their Level 10 Priest ability Desperate Prayer is solid, but Dwarves also have this, along with more useful other abilities and racials.
- Rogue — For PvE, Human Rogues are a very good choice, as Sword Specialization is very good for the Combat Swords build. For PvP, they are outclassed by every other Alliance race.
- Warlock — Warlocks are given no benefit from rolling as a Human, so it is likely better to play as a Gnome instead from a performance point of view.
- Warrior — Humans can be a solid choice for both tank and DPS Warriors, as the Mace Specialization and Sword Specialization benefit them both greatly. They are worse than other options on the Alliance for PvP, however.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves from Firemaw
- The Burning Crusade Classic Character Clone Service Retiring Soon
- World First Classic Sunwell Plateau Kill Claimed by Old School
- The Sunwell Plateau Is Now Live on Burning Crusade Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Guides Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: May 5th
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 5 Arrives May 10th
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Healing Druids (Moonglow/NG) - Crit Chance
- Jolteon 1 - Pendulum of DOOM PvP - Level 39 BiS Enhancement Shaman TBC
- Jailer is in ICC!
- Icy Veins Talent Sequence Addon
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank