Race Guide to Humans
The Humans of Azeroth are one of the youngest races, but one of the most resilient, having rebuilt their kingdom after the destruction that the wars against the Horde and the Legion brought. They can be played as Mages, Paladins, Priests, Rogues, Warlocks, and Warriors in World of Warcraft: Classic.
The Humans of Stormwind are a resilient breed, having survived an invasion by the savage Orcs during the First War. During the Second War, the armies of Stormwind rallied with the Alliance to reclaim their homeland of Azeroth. After the success of the Second War, Stormwind was rebuilt and Human civilization began to flourish once again throughout the southlands. With the recent invasion of the Burning Legion - which left the northern kingdom of Lordaeron in ruins - Stormwind now stands as the last bastion of human civilization. Following the heroic examples of the legendary Sir Lothar and King Llane, the defenders of Stormwind are considered to be among the fiercest warriors in the land. They stand resolute in their charge to maintain the honor and might of humanity in an ever-darkening world.
The racial mounts of the Humans are horses and can be purchased from Gregor MacVince in Dustwallow Marsh, Katie Hunter in Elwynn Forest, Merideth Carlson in Hillsbrad Foothills, and Unger Statforth in the Wetlands. There are 7 available in Classic, with each vendor having different ones available.
Three of the vendors, the ones in Dustwallow Marsh, Elwynn Forest, and Hillsbrad Foothills have the following 6 mounts available:
- Brown Horse Bridle — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Chestnut Mare Bridle — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Pinto Bridle — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Swift Brown Steed — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Swift Palomino — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Swift White Steed — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
The final vendor in the Wetlands has the 3 rare mounts available, as well as an additional mount that no other vendor sells, the Black Stallion Bridle.
- Diplomacy — Gain a 10% bonus to any faction point gains.
- Mace Specialization — Increases your skill with one-hand and two-hand Maces by 5.
- Perception — This increases stealth detection for 20 seconds, with a cooldown of 3 minutes.
- Sword Specialization — Increases your skill with one-hand and two-hand Swords by 5.
- The Human Spirit — Increases your Spirit by 5%.
Humans can be played as the following classes in Classic.
- Mage — Human Mages are weaker than Gnomes in almost every aspect, so they should only be chosen based on the aesthetic of the race.
- Paladin — For PvE and PvP, Humans are the best choice for Paladins hoping to play as Retribution or Protection, mainly due to Mace Specialization and Sword Specialization. For Holy, they are worse than Dwarves.
- Priest — Human Priests are generally worse in PvE and PvP for both DPS and Healing than Dwarves. You can still choose Human, as their Level 10 Priest ability Desperate Prayer is solid, but Dwarves also have this, along with more useful other abilities and racials.
- Rogue — For PvE, Human Rogues are a very good choice, as Sword Specialization is very good for the Combat Swords build. For PvP, they are outclassed by every other Alliance race.
- Warlock — Warlocks are given no benefit from rolling as a Human, so it is likely better to play as a Gnome instead from a performance point of view.
- Warrior — Humans can be a solid choice for both tank and DPS Warriors, as the Mace Specialization and Sword Specialization benefit them both greatly. They are worse than other options on the Alliance for PvP, however.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES