Race Guide to Taurens
Tauren are one of the more peaceful races of Azeroth, often preferring to explore their Shamanistic and Druidic teachings than spend their time fighting. They can be played as Druids, Hunters, Shamans, and Warriors in World of Warcraft: Classic.
The Tauren are huge, bestial creatures who live in the grassy, open barrens of central Kalimdor. They live to serve nature and maintain the balance between the wild things of the land and the restless spirit of the elements. Despite their enormous size and brute strength, the remarkably peaceful Tauren cultivate a quiet, tribal society. However, when roused by conflict, Tauren are implacable enemies who will use every ounce of their strength to smash their enemies under hoof. Under the leadership of their ancient chief, Cairne Bloodhoof, the Tauren allied themselves with the Orcs during the invasion of the Burning Legion. The two races have remained steadfast allies ever since. Like the Orcs, the Tauren struggle to retain their sense of tradition and noble identity.
The racial mounts of the Tauren are the kodos, which can be purchased from Harb Clawhoof in Bloodhoof Village. There are 5 Tauren race mounts in Classic.
- Brown Kodo — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Gray Kodo — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Great Brown Kodo — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Great Gray Kodo — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Great White Kodo — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Cultivation — Increases your Herbalism skill by 15.
- Endurance — Passively increases your total health by 5%.
- Nature Resistance — Your Nature Resistance is increase by 10.
- War Stomp — When used, this will stun up to 5 enemies within an 8-yard radius. This has a 2-minute cooldown.
Tauren can be played as the following classes in Classic.
- Druid — Tauren is the only race available for Horde Druids, but the health boost from Endurance can be very useful for tanking, as well as the AoE stun from War Stomp.
- Hunter — Tauren is the weakest choice for Hunters in PvE and is only situationally good in PvP, when you can get close enough to use War Stomp.
- Shaman — Tauren is a very average choice for all of the Shaman specs, with War Stomp being useful in PvP situationally and the extra health from Endurance being a minor boost. Their larger hitbox can also help in maintaining uptime on enemies as Enhancement. It is neither good nor bad and, if you like the appearance of Tauren, you can play one, but there are other choices that are better.
- Warrior — As a DPS, Tauren Warriors are an average choice when compared to Orcs. Their larger hitbox can be useful, but on the whole, they deal less damage than Orcs and are worse in PvP. As a Tank, Tauren are an excellent choice, due to the increased health from Endurance, as well as their AoE stun.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
Classic Race Guides
Classic Leveling Guides
Classic Dungeon Guides
Classic Profession Guides
- Blizzard Discusses WoW Token in Classic
- WoW Token Added to Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Joyous Journeys 50% Experience Buff Is Back!
- Wrath Classic Patch 3.4.2 PTR Notes: May 18th
- Death Heat Map for Hardcore Characters and Their Killers
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- Blizzard Announces Hardcore Classic
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look