Race Guide to Undead
The Undead, a group of scourge who formerly fought under the Lich King before breaking free of his control, are one of the four Horde races in World of Warcraft: Classic. They can be played as Mages, Priests, Rogues, Warlocks, and Warriors.
Having broken free from the tyrannical rule of the Lich King, a renegade group of undead seek to retain their own free will while destroying all those who oppose them. Known as the Forsaken, this group is dedicated to serving their leader, the banshee queen Sylvanas Windrunner. These dark warriors have established a secret stronghold beneath the ruins of Lordaeron's former capital city. Situated deep beneath the cursed Tirisfal Glades, the labyrinthine Undercity is a sprawling bastion of evil. Within its shadowy confines, Sylvanas' royal apothecaries scramble to develop a devastating new plague - one which will not only eradicate their hated Scourge rivals, but the rest of humanity as well. To further their dark aims, the Forsaken have entered into an alliance of convenience with the primitive, brutish races of the Horde. Holding no real loyalty for their newfound comrades, the Forsaken have duped them into fighting against their common enemy - the Lich King. Only time will tell how these disciples of doom will fare in their mission of vengeance.
The racial mounts of the Undead are the skeletal horses, which can be purchased from Zachariah Post in Brill. There are 5 Undead race mounts in Classic.
- Blue Skeletal Horse — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Brown Skeletal Horse — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Red Skeletal Horse — 80 gold, 72 with reputation discount
- Green Skeletal Warhorse — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Purple Skeletal Warhorse — 1000 gold, 900 with reputation discount
- Cannibalize — Consume a nearby Humanoid or Undead corpse within 5 yards to regenerate 7% of total health every 2 seconds for 10 seconds. It has a 2-minute cooldown.
- Shadow Resistance — Increases Shadow Resistance passively by 10.
- Underwater Breathing — You can hold your breath underwater for 300% longer than other races.
- Will of the Forsaken — While active, this provides immunity to all Charm, Fear, and Sleep effects. It lasts 5 seconds and has a 2-minute cooldown.
Undead can be played as the following classes in Classic.
- Mage — Undead Mages are a popular choice for PvP due to Will of the Forsaken.
- Priest — Undead Priests are a popular choice for PvP, due to Will of the Forsaken. When choosing an Undead for your Priest, you will get access to Touch of Weakness and Devouring Plague.
- Rogue — Undead is a strong choice for PvP and the worst choice for PvE as a Horde Rogue. Orcs and Undead will swap their position in the PvP ranking depending on what you are fighting. If the enemy uses a lot of stuns, then Orc is better, while Undead is better against fears and sleeps.
- Warlock — Undead Warlocks are a strong choice in PvP, but offer little benefit in PvE. Their Will of the Forsaken is good against Fear- and Sleep-heavy classes, but Orcs are close in terms of PvP due to their Hardiness.
- Warrior — Will of the Forsaken can be useful for Undead Warriors in PvP, but it is important to remember that Warriors have access to other Fear-breaking tools, such as Berserker Rage. Undead are the weakest choice for tanking as a Warrior.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES