Sword Changes in New World Patch 1.1
Here is a summary for the 1.1 Patch changes for the Sword and Shield. This one-handed weapon has received a buff to its gap closing ability.
Overview of Sword in Patch 1.1
This patch brought some small changes to Sword's basic attacks, and several buffs to Leaping Strike. Read the details below.
For a full guide on the Sword, please refer to our dedicate page.
Official Sword Patch Notes
Listed below are the official patch notes for changes to the Sword and Shield abilities, perks, and masteries.
- Fixed an issue where basic attack buffers and cancels were not working properly during the Sword heavy attack.
- Fixed an issue where the fully-charged Sword heavy attack had different timings than the regular heavy attack.
- — Increased Weaken duration from 4 to 10 seconds.
- Reduced cooldown from 25 to 18 seconds.
- Increased damage scaling from 135% to 150%.
- Sped up the recovery after using Leaping Strike to make it easier to transition into other attacks.
- — Updated the description to include the slow percentage value.
- 19 Nov. 2021: Page added.
- New World Steam Free Weekend (April 7-11)
- Big New World Update: Heart of Madness Reveal and PTR Notes
- New World January Update: Mutators and a Lot More
- New World Patch 1.2.2 Notes
- New World January PTR Brings Mythic+ Expedition Feature and More
- New World December Team Update
- New World Patch 1.1.1 Notes
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!