Fire Staff Changes in New World Patch 1.1
Here is a summary for the 1.1 Patch changes for the Fire Staff. This magical weapon has been weakened by several nerfs.
TABLE OF CONTENTS OF THIS PAGE
Overview of Fire Staff in Patch 1.1
New World's Patch 1.1 brought several nerfs to the Fire Staff. Pillar of Fire got a damage increase, but the ability to double-hit was removed netting an overall nerf to the ability. This might even make Pillar of Fire not worth taking in situations where you can use Incinerate instead. Several masteries also had their damage reduced and you can read the details below.
For a full guide on the Fire Staff, please refer to our dedicate page.
Official Fire Staff Patch Notes
Listed below are the official patch notes for changes to the Fire Staff abilities, perks, and masteries.
Pillar of Fire
- Increased damage scaling from 134% to 170%.
- Fixed an issue where Pillar of Fire targets the caster when activated using the ability key.
- Fixed an issue where Pillar of Fire failed to trigger Runes of Helios when activated using the ability key.
- Fixed an issue that caused Pillar of Fire to hit twice against targets near the edge of the effect radius.
- Fixed an issue where Runes of Helios triggered on targeting Meteor Shower rather than on casting it.
- Added additional clarity that the Fireball ability is not able to critically hit. Previously, it would show the critical damage color, but not actually deal increased damage. It will no longer show orange damage numbers, and an additional tooltip was added.
- Increase damage scaling from 34% to 50%.
- Clear Casting — Reduced damage bonus from 10% to 5%.
- Clear Mind — Reduced empower effectiveness from 10% to 5%.
- Runes of Helios — Reduced damage bonus from 30% to 25%.
- Prophet of a Fire God — Reduced critical hit damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Spellslinger — Reduced the critical hit chance bonus from 15% to 10%. Fixed an issue where critical hit chance was increased for standard attacks and not just abilities.
- Pyromania — Reduced damage bonus from 20% to 15%.
- Kindle — Fixed an issue causing Kindle to increase buff duration by the incorrect amount.
- Reheat — Reduced the time to trigger Reheat from 6 to 4 seconds.
- Singe — Changed from inflicting Burn on critical hits to triggering Burn on light attacks.
- Watch it Burn — Now inflicts burn on critical hits from abilities only.
- 19 Nov. 2021: Page added.
More New World Content
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New World Update 1.5.6
- TwitchCon Amsterdam New World PvP Arena Open & Twitch Drop
- New World July Team Update Video
- New World Steam Free Weekend (April 7-11)
- Big New World Update: Heart of Madness Reveal and PTR Notes
- New World January Update: Mutators and a Lot More