Ice Gauntlet Changes in New World Patch 1.1
Here is a summary for the 1.1 Patch changes for the Ice Gauntlet. This magical weapon has been weakened by several nerfs.
Overview of Ice Gauntlet in Patch 1.1
Ice Gauntlet has picked up a few much-needed bug fixes in Patch 1.1, such as fixing several issues with, but has also received several significant nerfs. Ice Storm, , and all received nerfs, with the less popular and getting some minor buffs. You can read the details below.
For a full guide on the Ice Gauntlet, please refer to our dedicate page.
Official Ice Gauntlet Patch Notes
Listed below are the official patch notes for changes to the Ice Gauntlet abilities, perks, and masteries.
- Heavy Attack — Increased heavy attack start-up and recovery time to make it consistent with other magic weapons' heavy attack timing.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Gauntlet movement while attacking was faster than other magic weapons.
- Fixed an issue where basic attacks on the Ice Gauntlet could sometimes shoot through an enemy without dealing damage if they were too close.
- Increased time between damage ticks from 0.25 seconds to 0.33 seconds.
- Fixed an issue where did no damage if the player had the item perk.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm did not do damage to enemies immune to slow.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Storm stopped if the caster swapped to their other active weapon.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Spike displayed a cast timer despite being cast instantly.
- Increased damage scaling per tick from 16% to 20%.
- Increased cooldown from 20 to 30 seconds.
- players can no longer be healed.
- Reduced health of the Tomb to 50% of players max health.
- Reduced damage of breakout burst attack from 168% to 70%.
- Fixed an issue where invulnerability on Entomb could be removed while the Tomb was still active.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to move while Entombed after dying.
- Increased Pylon health by 20%.
- Added a max lifetime of 45 seconds to the Ice Pylon.
- Fixed an issue where Ice Pylon could consume Mana but would not activate on slopes, terrain, or off a ledge.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to place multiple Ice Pylons at a time by dying and being revived.
- Fixed an issue with the Ice Pylon targeting neutral players or AI enemies during a 1v1 Duel.
- — Reduced Ultimate Chill's bonus damage from 35% to 25%. Fixed an issue where Ultimate Chill's ability would not apply to enemies in some cases. Updated Ultimate Chill tooltip wording to better clarify its functionality.
- — Reduced critical change bonus from 20% to 15%.
- — Added a 5-second cooldown to the freeze effect. Fixed an issue that allowed enemies with this passive to root players standing in their own Ice Storm.
- Fixed an issue where the item perk could activate on both downing and killing a player. Now it triggers only on downing.
- 19 Nov. 2021: Page added.
- New World Steam Free Weekend (April 7-11)
- Big New World Update: Heart of Madness Reveal and PTR Notes
- New World January Update: Mutators and a Lot More
- New World Patch 1.2.2 Notes
- New World January PTR Brings Mythic+ Expedition Feature and More
- New World December Team Update
- New World Patch 1.1.1 Notes
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!