Scarlet Monastery Armory Dungeon Guide
Scarlet Monastery is a dungeon with 4 wings that each require different levels and setups depending on which one you are attempting. For the Armory wing, we recommend only attempting this with a group from Level 36 to 38 for the smoothest possible run. This wing can be completed in under 30 minutes.
You can find out more about the instance and all of its wings in our Scarlet Monastery.
Before setting foot in Scarlet Monastery, we strongly advise you to get all the dungeon quests related to it. To make this process easier, we have written a separate guide.
The entrance to Scarlet Monastery is located in Tirisfal Glades, to the northeast of Undercity. Once you go in to the monastery, there are 4 doors, with each one leading into a different wing of the dungeon.
For the Armory wing, enter the locked door on the right. In order to unlock it, you need The Scarlet Key, which drops from a chest in the Library wing. You can learn more about this in our Scarlet Monastery.
Recommended Classes for Scarlet Monastery Armory
Other than this, you should be able to clear the dungeon with any group setup.
Layout of Scarlet Monastery Armory
The layout of this dungeon is completely linear. Follow the natural progression of the dungeon and you will get to Herod with no issues.
Notable Trash in Scarlet Monastery Armory
There are a huge amount of patrols throughout this dungeon, so you need to be very careful how you pull each pack. When they reach low health, almost every trash mob will run away, so be ready to slow or snare them until they die.
When fighting the trash, make sure to focus down any casters in the pack first, as they deal by far the most damage. If the pack you are fighting has no casters, then be wary of the Scarlet Myrmidons, as they will enrage at low health and deal much more damage.
Remember that trash can respawn in this dungeon, so make sure you do not pull too slowly.
Bosses in Scarlet Monastery Armory
Herod is a Level 40 elite humanoid and is the only boss of the dungeon.
Herod's fight essentially takes part in two phases: the damage phase and the whirlwind phase. When you engage him, leave any ranged DPS on the first platform and have your tank and melee jump down. Tank him facing away from the melee, to avoid damage from Cleave, and DPS him until he casts Whirlwind.
When he casts this, your melee and tank need to run away to avoid any damage from it. It hits very hard and will kill anyone too slow to move away. It is also important to note that he is magic immune during this spell.
Once he stops spinning, the fight continues as it started. Alternate between these two phases until he is dead. The only difference at low HP is that he will enrage at 20% HP, dealing more damage and attacking faster.
Before Herod dies, any ranged on the platform need to jump down to avoid the incoming swarm of Scarlet Trainees that will enter the room. AoE these down as fast as you can, but allow your tank enough time to get aggro on them.
Loot from Herod
|Raging Berserker's Helm||37||Head|
- 18 Oct. 2019: Added note about the Scarlet Key, moved quests section.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- World's Fastest Naxxramas Speed Clear By Salad Bakers
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- The "Final Boss of Classic": Level 1 Raid Takes on Hogger
- We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- TBC Transition+
- [H][EU][Skullflame] Impact Recruiting to raid Naxx Wednesday and Sunday
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Shadowlands Threads of Fate Question
- Power Word: Shield Macro
- Looking for an addon or someone to make it
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap