Scarlet Monastery Armory Dungeon Guide
Scarlet Monastery is a dungeon with 4 wings that each require different levels and setups depending on which one you are attempting. For the Armory wing, we recommend only attempting this with a group from Level 36 to 38 for the smoothest possible run. This wing can be completed in under 30 minutes.
The monastery is one of the last surviving bastions of the Scarlet Crusade, a fanatical religious sect that has dedicated their entire existence to the absolute eradication of the undead.
1. Entrance Location
The entrance to Scarlet Monastery is located in Tirisfal Glades, to the northeast of Undercity. Once you go in to the monastery, there are 4 doors, with each one leading into a different wing of the dungeon.
For the Armory wing, enter the locked door on the right. In order to unlock it, you need The Scarlet Key, which drops in the Library wing.
2. Recommended Classes for Scarlet Monastery Armory
Other than this, you should be able to clear the dungeon with any group setup.
3. Layout of Scarlet Monastery Armory
The layout of this dungeon is completely linear. Follow the natural progression of the dungeon and you will get to Herod with no issues.
4. Notable Trash in Scarlet Monastery Armory
There are a huge amount of patrols throughout this dungeon, so you need to be very careful how you pull each pack. When they reach low health, almost every trash mob will run away, so be ready to slow or snare them until they die.
When fighting the trash, make sure to focus down any casters in the pack first, as they deal by far the most damage. If the pack you are fighting has no casters, then be wary of the Scarlet Myrmidons, as they will enrage at low health and deal much more damage.
Remember that trash can respawn in this dungeon, so make sure you do not pull too slowly.
5. Bosses in Scarlet Monastery Armory
Herod is a Level 40 elite humanoid and is the only boss of the dungeon.
Herod's fight essentially takes part in two phases: the damage phase and the whirlwind phase. When you engage him, leave any ranged DPS on the first platform and have your tank and melee jump down. Tank him facing away from the melee, to avoid damage from Cleave, and DPS him until he casts Whirlwind.
When he casts this, your melee and tank need to run away to avoid any damage from it. It hits very hard and will kill anyone too slow to move away. It is also important to note that he is magic immune during this spell.
Once he stops spinning, the fight continues as it started. Alternate between these two phases until he is dead. The only difference at low HP is that he will enrage at 20% HP, dealing more damage and attacking faster.
Before Herod dies, any ranged on the platform need to jump down to avoid the incoming swarm of Scarlet Trainees that will enter the room. AoE these down as fast as you can, but allow your tank enough time to get aggro on them.
5.1.1. Loot from Herod
|Raging Berserker's Helm||37||Head|
6. Quests in Scarlet Monastery Armory
6.1. Notable Quest Loot from Scarlet Monastery Armory
The only notable quest loot in this wing of the dungeon comes for the main quest that takes place in all of the wings.
|Black Menace||In the Name of the Light||Weapon|
|Bonebiter||In the Name of the Light||Weapon|
|Orb of Lorica||In the Name of the Light||Off Hand|
|Sword of Serenity||In the Name of the Light||Weapon|
|Dragon's Blood Necklace||Into The Scarlet Monastery||Neck|
|Prophetic Cane||Into The Scarlet Monastery||Off Hand|
|Sword of Omen||Into The Scarlet Monastery||Weapon|
- 16 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves (US) Coming September 19th
- New Realms and Free Character Moves for Brasil, Latin America, and Spain
- Buff Slot Clarifications and Upcoming Hotfixes
- WoW Classic EU Queue Times: September 18th
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tuesday 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|