Fankriss The Unyielding Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
In order to get to him, you will have to go through the infamous bug tunnel, a similar room to Blackwing Lair's suppression room.
Notable loot includes Robes of the Guardian Saint and Ancient Qiraji Ripper.
Fankriss Bug Tunnel
After you kill Battleguard Sartura, you will have to go through the "Bug Tunnel" in order to reach Fankriss:
While the mobs present are weak and easily killable, they also respawn very quickly, forcing your raid to constantly be on the move in order to make progress.
Have your group hug the left side of the tunnel and move through it together. Try to avoid using totems or drinking until you reach the safe spot showcased in the image below, where you can drink to full and prepare to pull the boss:
Fankriss the Unyielding Summary by Role
- You will want at least 3 tanks, two mostly on Fankriss and one mostly on adds.
- Turn Fankriss away from the raid and tank swap whenever Mortal Wound stacks to 50% healing reduction or higher.
- If not currently tanking Fankriss, make sure to grab any adds that are not currently being tanked, especially the Spawn of Fankriss snakes.
- Stack up together with the raid behind the boss and be ready to heal anyone who gets Webbed, as they are likely to quickly die otherwise.
- Due to the large amount of adds in the encounter, be ready to use Fade and other defensive abilities to survive if you get attacked by loose adds.
- Focus Spawns of Fankriss instantly, they must be killed before they enrage, or will start quickly one shotting players. Stun them if they enrage to gain time.
- The small Vekniss Hatchlings need to be immediately attacked as soon as they spawn to avoid Webbed player deaths, but afterwards they can be safely ignored and off-tanked until they reach high numbers. Remember that going out of Mana means no damage.
Strategy for Fankriss the Unyielding
Begin by having your group run in from the safe spot, tanks first. One tank should get aggro on Fankriss where he stands and turn him away from the raid, while the others should start tanking the incoming adds.
Healers heal anyone who get Entangled, aggro from adds, and tanks. DPS focus Spawns of Fankriss and bugs attacking Entangled people, with any left over damage going into Fankriss himself.
Use area of effect abilities to take down bugs if they reach high numbers on the off-tanks, and you should have a quick, controlled kill on your hands.
Loot from Fankriss the Unyielding
|Pauldrons of the Unrelenting||Shoulder|
|Mantle of Wicked Revenge||Shoulder|
|Silithid Carapace Chestguard||Chest|
|Robes of the Guardian Saint||Chest|
|Cloak of Untold Secrets||Back|
|Scaled Sand Reaver Leggings||Legs|
|Hive Tunneler's Boots||Feet|
|Barb of the Sand Reaver||Two-Hand|
|Ancient Qiraji Ripper||One-Hand|
|Fetish of the Sand Reaver||Trinket|
|Libram of Grace||Relic|
|Totem of Life||Relic|
|Imperial Qiraji Armaments||Token|
|Imperial Qiraji Regalia||Token|
- 30 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- WoW Classic Phase 5 Hotfixes: September 14th
- Rank 14 on a Level 59 Character??
- The Best Record Ever: Fastest No-PvP Death
- Ahn'Qiraj 40 No Skip Speed Run Record Set at 38:47
- Rumor: Naxxramas and Burning Crusade Classic Beta Release Dates
- AQ War Effort Auto-complete Hotfix
- 90 Scarab Lords on One Server! Behold the Flamegor Russian Realm
- Big WoW Classic Exploit Sees Mages Have 100% Crit Permanently
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap
- Looking for real help
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- A casual, social and troll free community for players of all levels!
- [Scholomance SOLO] Warlock, World First ?
- What happened to the UI community?