Fankriss The Unyielding Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Fankriss the Unyielding is the third mandatory boss in the AQ40, and can be fought once Battleguard Sartura is freed from her tunnel-guarding duties.
In order to get to him, you will have to go through the infamous bug tunnel, a similar room to Blackwing Lair's suppression room.
Notable loot includes Robes of the Guardian Saint and Ancient Qiraji Ripper.
Season of Mastery changes to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
In the Season of Mastery, the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj has gained a new affix system that allows for new challenges and additional loot to be gained for defeating bosses inside of the raid instance. Check out our in-depth guide for this new feature in the AQ40 raid guide hub.
Fankriss Bug Tunnel
After you kill Battleguard Sartura, you will have to go through the "Bug Tunnel" in order to reach Fankriss:
While the mobs present are weak and easily killable, they also respawn very quickly, forcing your raid to constantly be on the move in order to make progress.
Have your group hug the left side of the tunnel and move through it together. Try to avoid using totems or drinking until you reach the safe spot showcased in the image below, where you can drink to full and prepare to pull the boss:
Fankriss the Unyielding Summary by Role
- You will want at least 3 tanks, two mostly on Fankriss and one mostly on adds.
- Turn Fankriss away from the raid and tank swap whenever Mortal Wound stacks to 50% healing reduction or higher.
- If not currently tanking Fankriss, make sure to grab any adds that are not currently being tanked, especially the Spawn of Fankriss snakes.
- Stack up together with the raid behind the boss and be ready to heal anyone who gets Webbed, as they are likely to quickly die otherwise.
- Due to the large amount of adds in the encounter, be ready to use Fade and other defensive abilities to survive if you get attacked by loose adds.
- Focus Spawns of Fankriss instantly, they must be killed before they enrage, or will start quickly one shotting players. Stun them if they enrage to gain time.
- The small Vekniss Hatchlings need to be immediately attacked as soon as they spawn to avoid Webbed player deaths, but afterwards they can be safely ignored and off-tanked until they reach high numbers. Remember that going out of Mana means no damage.
Strategy for Fankriss the Unyielding
Begin by having your group run in from the safe spot, tanks first. One tank should get aggro on Fankriss where he stands and turn him away from the raid, while the others should start tanking the incoming adds.
Healers heal anyone who get Entangled, aggro from adds, and tanks. DPS focus Spawns of Fankriss and bugs attacking Entangled people, with any left over damage going into Fankriss himself.
Use area of effect abilities to take down bugs if they reach high numbers on the off-tanks, and you should have a quick, controlled kill on your hands.
Loot from Fankriss the Unyielding
|Pauldrons of the Unrelenting||Shoulder|
|Mantle of Wicked Revenge||Shoulder|
|Silithid Carapace Chestguard||Chest|
|Robes of the Guardian Saint||Chest|
|Cloak of Untold Secrets||Back|
|Scaled Sand Reaver Leggings||Legs|
|Hive Tunneler's Boots||Feet|
|Barb of the Sand Reaver||Two-Hand|
|Ancient Qiraji Ripper||One-Hand|
|Fetish of the Sand Reaver||Trinket|
|Libram of Grace||Relic|
|Totem of Life||Relic|
|Imperial Qiraji Armaments||Token|
|Imperial Qiraji Regalia||Token|
- 21 Apr. 2022: Mentioned encounter changes in the Season of Mastery.
- 30 Jun. 2020: Guide added.
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 9th