Gehennas Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot (Updated for the Season of Mastery)
Gehennas Summary by Role
- Ideally you will want three tanks for this fight.
- Hold the boss and adds facing away from the raid.
- The Season of Mastery version of this encounter includes four Flamewakers instead of two.
- Druids should be using Remove Curse as much as possible to deal with Gehennas' Curse.
- Make sure you are in range of the tank, but do not be in melee range.
- Kill the Flamewakers first, then Gehennas.
- Ranged DPS need to be spread while out of melee, so they are not grouped up when Rain of Fire happens.
- Melee DPS should always be behind the boss and adds.
- Mages should use Remove Curse as much as possible to deal with Gehennas' Curse.
General Tips for Gehennas
- Have at least a few Druids and Mages to remove curses.
- If you are worried about decurses, you can use Restorative Potions.
- If you want to avoid being stunned as a melee, use a Free Action Potion on pull.
Season of Mastery Strategy for Gehennas
Gehennas is another relatively simple fight that involves killing two adds and then Gehennas himself. Four Flamewakers sit with Gehennas and will need to be targeted and killed by the raid when the fight begins.
You will want three tanks for this fight, one to hold Gehennas and the others to hold two adds each. Face the boss and adds away from the raid, and have the DPS burn the adds one at a time before switching to Gehennas.
The biggest threat in this fight is generally people not moving out of the Rain of Fire. As long as everyone knows it is coming and are paying attention, you should not have any problems.
- Fist of Ragnaros is an AoE stun cast by the Flamewaker adds. This will affect melee, and they will just need to wait it out unless they use Free Action Potions beforehand to avoid being stunned.
- Gehennas' Curse is a curse effect cast by Gehennas that reduces the target's healing taken by 75%. This will need to be removed by a Druid or a Mage.
- Rain of Fire is an AoE damage ability that causes fire to rain down on a specific area. If you are inside the Rain of Fire when it is cast, just quickly move out of it to stop taking damage.
Loot from Gehennas
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Gloves of Prophecy
|Sabatons of Might
|Heavy Dark Iron Ring
|Ring of Spell Power
|Robe of Volatile Power
|Salamander Scale Pants
|Wristguards of Stability
- 13 Nov. 2021: Updated with Season of Mastery changes.
- 25 May 2020: Added strategy for over-geared groups.
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Season of Discovery Class Tuning: March 5
- Level 125 Sword Drops from STV World Boss in SoD
- Best Class in SoD Phase 2? (Poll Results)
- Molten Core Will Be a Level 60 20-Player Raid in Season of Discovery
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 27th
- Season of Discovery: XP Buff, Mount Discounts, Gold Buffs and Future Phase Plans
- New Rewards for Waylaid Supply Factions Now Live
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 26th