Shazzrah Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Shazzrah Summary by Role
- Only one tank is required, but having two or three tanks to be ready for teleports is not a bad idea.
- Keep the boss away from ranged and healers.
- Priests should be using Dispel Magic on Shazzrah to remove Deaden Magic when he buffs himself.
- Druids should be using Remove Curse as much as possible to deal with Shazzrah's Curse.
- Be ready for teleports in case someone needs to be topped up quickly. Arcane Explosion is a high damage ability that could kill some people in two casts, or just one with Shazzrah's Curse.
- Melee DPS will take lots of damage, since they will be hit by most Arcane Explosions.
- Ranged DPS should be spread around the room at max range from the boss.
- Melee DPS should be behind the boss, but ready to move when he teleports.
- Mages should use Remove Curse as much as possible to deal with Shazzrah's Curse.
General Tips for Shazzrah
- At least one Priest is required to purge Shazzrah.
- Druids and Mages are required for removing the curses.
- Greater Arcane Protection Potion can be used if anyone is scared of dying, especially melee.
Strategy for Shazzrah
Shazzrah is a fight that can quickly go bad if you are not prepared for his abilities. The fight starts with a standard setup, where your melee should be on him wherever he is tanked, with your ranged spread around the room at max range from him.
As long as you are on top of the curses and purges needed, the fight is simple. The only main thing to watch out for is to be ready for the teleports. They are random and will happen without warning, so people need to be prepared to move if the boss teleports near them.
- Arcane Explosion deals large amounts of Arcane damage to anyone near Shazzrah. If you are a melee DPS, consider using a Greater Arcane Protection Potion before the fight starts to reduce some of the damage.
- Deaden Magic is a buff that Shazzrah will frequently cast on himself, reducing the magic damage he takes by 50%. This needs to immediately be purged by a Priest.
- Shazzrah's Curse is a curse that causes you to take 100% more magic damage while affected. Druids and Mages need to be on top of removing these curses throughout the fight. If you have this curse and get hit by an explosion, it almost certainly means death.
- Blink causes the boss to sometimes teleport to a random raid member, resetting his threat table. When the boss teleports, a tank should quickly pick him up again, and ranged players should reposition away from the boss.
Loot from Shazzrah
Below is a list of the loot available from this boss, but you can see a full loot list from the raid on our Molten Core Loot page.
Tier 1 Loot
|Boots of Prophecy||60||Feet||Priest|
|Ring of Spell Power||60||Finger|
|Robe of Volatile Power||60||Chest|
- 07 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- World's Fastest Naxxramas Speed Clear By Salad Bakers
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- The "Final Boss of Classic": Level 1 Raid Takes on Hogger
- We Might Be Hearing About Burning Crusade Classic by the End of the Year? (Rumor)
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- TBC Transition+
- [H][EU][Skullflame] Impact Recruiting to raid Naxx Wednesday and Sunday
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- Shadowlands Threads of Fate Question
- Power Word: Shield Macro
- Looking for an addon or someone to make it
- The Best PvP weapon in classic for a warrior ?
- [Q]Opener Trinket Swap