High Priestess Jeklik Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
High Priestess Jeklik is the first Priestess that you will kill before Hakkar, and can be found in her temple to the south-west inside Zul'Gurub. She is the Bat Aspect, using her bats and her own bat transformation abilities to fight.
High Priestess Jeklik Summary by Role
- Tank Jeklik where she spawns, facing her away from the raid so she does not cleave the melee.
- Have the off-tank pick up the bat adds that spawn during the fight, while the DPS AoE them down.
- Off-tanks can be watching to help with interrupts.
- The melee will take more damage than ranged during the fight.
- Watch your designated ranged player before charges to make sure they are topped.
- Stand with the ranged DPS at max range from the boss and tank to avoid getting silenced.
- Look to dispel Shadow Word: Pain from players.
- Melee should be on Jeklik the entire fight and should always be watching for interrupts, preferably with a set rotation.
- Ranged should be at max range away from the boss to avoid getting silenced.
- Ranged and Healers will need to periodically move when fire is dropped onto you.
- Ranged should be in charge of AoEing down the bats that spawn.
General Tips for High Priestess Jeklik
- Keep the boss with the melee behind him, facing away from the raid, and at least 30 yards away from the range stack.
- Keep 1 ranged, preferably a Hunter, about 20 yards away from the boss separate from the Ranged DPS stack, such that the boss, the ranged DPS stack, and the single ranged make a triangle. This target will be periodically charged by the boss.
- Make sure interrupts are ready for his heal and Mind Flay ability. He also will sometimes do an AoE fear, so be ready for that as well.
Strategy for High Priestess Jeklik
Start the fight by pulling High Priestess Jeklik and tanking him where he is. Have the tank face the boss away from the raid, with the melee directly behind the boss. The Ranged DPS and Healers should stack up about ~35 yards (about max range from the tank) away from the boss to ensure they are never silenced by the Sonic Burst. One ranged, preferably a Hunter, needs to stack away from the Ranged DPS stack, but needs to be closer to the boss than any other Ranged DPS or Healer. The boss will periodically charge the closest ranged target, which should always be this one person. As long as they are not in the Ranged DPS stack, you should be fine. Adds will also periodically spawn, but the Ranged DPS can just AOE these down while the off-tank picks them up. The charges and waves of adds will stop when she reaches 50% health and begins Phase 2.
During Phase 2, High Priestess Jeklik casts some important abilities that you should be watching for. She will cast Great Heal and Mind Flay, both of which just need to be interrupted. Ideally, you would have a melee DPS rotation of Rogues and Warriors set up to interrupt these whenever she casts them. She also will occasionally put a Shadow Word: Pain on someone that will just need to be dispelled. Lastly, she will sometimes cast an AoE fear, so either have Fear Ward or Tremor Totem for the tanks preferably. While those are all of the abilities she does, you will need to watch for fire that will be dropped onto the raid occasionally by flying adds. Just pull the boss or move the Ranged DPS out of the fire, and you should be fine.
As long as your interrupts are consistent, she should go down relatively easily.
- Great Heal and Mind Flay are both dangerous casts that should be interrupted.
- Be ready for her charge to the closest ranged target during Phase 1.
- Watch for the fire on the ground during Phase 2.
Loot from High Priestess Jeklik
|Jeklik's Opaline Talisman||Neck|
|Jeklik's Crusher||2-Hand Mace|
Shared High Priest Loot
The High Priests and Priestesses of Zul'Gurub have a shared set of items in their loot table that can be dropped in addition to their specific loot tables.
|Belt of Untapped Power||Waist|
|Cloak of the Hakkari Worshipers||Back|
|Gloves of the Tormented||Hands|
|Might of the Tribe||Back|
|Zulian Scepter of Rites||1-Hand Mace|
|Band of Servitude||Ring|
|Seal of the Gurubashi Berserker||Ring|
- 13 Apr. 2020: Guide added.
- Tempest Keep Classic Cleared World First by Salad Bakers in a Little Over an Hour
- Serpentshrine Cavern Classic Cleared in Under an Hour World First by Progress
- Burning Crusade Classic: Overlords of Outland Is Now Live!
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 2 "Not a Bug" List
- BCC Phase 2: Overlords of Outland Launch Delayed
- Overlords of Outland Guides for Burning Crusade Classic
- (Almost) All Reputations at Exalted and 95.7% AllTheThings in Burning Crusade Classic
- WoW Classic Guild APES Done With Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time