Season of Discovery Holy Paladin Healer Guide
Welcome to our Holy Paladin Healer guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Paladin class as a Holy Paladin Healer. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
Holy Paladin is widely regarded as the best single target healer in all of World of Warcraft Classic. With the addition of the many tools added in Season of Discovery, they have become even more powerful. While not only being an incredible healer, Holy Paladin offers some of the games most powerful buffs and life-saving cooldowns in the form of their unique Blessings. Abilities such as Blessing of Protection can be used to immediately stop physical damage on an ally close to death or even just allow them to play more dangerously while the buff is active. Paladin is also the tankiest of all healers naturally and has the ability to spend talent points to become even beefier should you find yourself in a situation where you are constantly taking damage, or facing other players.
Holy Paladin is one of the most highly sought-after healers due to their massive contributions to groups in the form of their incredible healing and powerful Blessings and Auras. Should you decide to play a Holy Paladin you will have absolutely no issue finding groups for all kinds of content, but especially Dungeons, Raids and Battlegrounds.
- Incredibly sturdy and many tools to mitigate incoming damage
- Strongest single target healing in the game
- Powerful unique buffs
- Great group utility in the form of powerful cooldowns
- Extremely limited mobility
- Very Mana reliant
- Slow kill speeds
Season of Discovery
Paladin has received some major changes in the Season of Discovery version of Classic World of Warcraft, and with those changes come many new ways to play one of the games' original classes. We have included guides to keep you current on not only Season of Discovery changes, but general game play tips and lists so you are best prepared to tackle the new adventures that await you in the Season of Discovery on your Holy Paladin.
Through the addition of entirely new abilities and runes, the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Holy Paladin has changed drastically with the coming of Season of Discovery. Use the guides located in the Table of Content at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master this new game mode!
Make sure to check out our Rune Engravings guide to best understand what each rune does for your Paladin. Likewise, if you're unsure where to locate these runes, we've listed the location for every Season of Dicovery Rune in the guide below to help you find the best available runes for your clas!.
- 15 Feb. 2024: Updated for Phase 2.
- 16 Dec. 2023: Guide updated.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic