Classic First Aid Profession and Leveling Guide
First Aid will likely be the first profession you take up on your WoW Classic journey, for its Mana-free self healing bandages. In this guide, we will present this profession's benefits and item progression as your skill in it grows.
First Aid is an ubiquitous profession in WoW Classic, as nearly everyone will use it from early on for its bandages, which allow any class to do Mana-free healing. Also, because it is a secondary profession, learning it will not stop you from taking up the other secondary professions, or interfere with your two primary professions.
Bandages, such as Heavy Runecloth Bandage, are items created by First Aid that you can channel to heal yourself or nearby allies, placing the Recently Bandaged debuff on them as a result. This debuff prevents further bandage healing and has a 60-second duration. Be careful, however, as if either the player applying the bandage or the one receiving it takes any damage during the channel it will be canceled immediately.
Anti-Venoms, such as Powerful Anti-Venom, are also created with this profession, and allow you to instantly cure poisons on a target. You can only use one every minute.
All of First Aid's items are consumed when used. To create bandages, you need cloths, which are obtained from killing Humanoid / Undead / Demon enemies. To create Anti-Venoms, you need venom sacs, which drop from poisonous beasts, such as Spiders and Scorpions.
2. First Aid Trainers and Where to Find Them
You can learn First Aid from any First Aid trainer, which are found in capital cities and also near starting zones. When you arrive at a major city, you can ask any city guard for directions, and pick the First Aid trainer option. This will mark its location on your map, allowing you to easily find them and get your First Aid skills up to date.
- Alliance First Aid Trainers:
- Horde First Aid Trainers:
3. How to Quickly Level First Aid from 1 to 300
In order to level First Aid efficiently, you will want to focus on orange or yellow recipes, as those provide reliable skill ups, while green recipes will rarely grant you a skill point, making them only worth it when the alternatives are very expensive. Also, keep in mind that gray recipes cannot give you a skill point at all.
For details on what items to craft for each skill point, we recommend following WoW Professions' First Aid leveling guide.
For 1-150, you will be an Apprentice. Learn the skill from the trainers nearby your starting area and craft Linen and Wool items to get to 150. Make sure to learn Silk Bandage as soon as you can, as the next steps do not involve your trainer.
To level past 150, you need to buy and use Expert First Aid - Under Wraps. This item can be bought from:
- [H] Balai Lok'Wein: Dustwallow Marsh, around 37,30;
- [A] Deneb Walker: Arathi Highlands, around 27,59.
In order to unlock 225-300 First Aid you need to first complete the Triage quest, which requires 225 First Aid skill and level 35 or above. This quest is started by the following NPCs:
- [H] Doctor Gregory Victor: Arathi Highlands, around 73,37;
- [A] Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen who is at the 68,49 map coordinates in Dustwallow Marsh.
Triage requires you to save 15 patients without more than 6 deaths by bandaging them with Triage Bandage, which is provided for the quest. In order to hit this goal, you need to prioritize bandaging the most injured NPCs first:
- Critically Injured Soldier should be bandaged as soon as you finish your current cast as they will die very fast, otherwise.
- Badly Injured Soldier should be bandaged whenever there are no critically injured targets nearby, or if they have been around for more than one or two bandages on different targets.
- Injured Soldier should be bandaged whenever there are no other targets to heal, or if they have been left around for a while, as they will still eventually die if not attended to.
Make sure to hotkey Triage Bandage, and position yourself centrally in the room to minimize time spend not bandaging targets!
3.4. 300 Skill Level Recipe: Powerful Anti-Venom
Once you are Honored with the Argent Dawn faction and have 300 First Aid skill, make sure to buy Formula: Powerful Anti-Venom from one of these vendors:
- [A/H] Quartermaster Miranda Breechlock: Eastern Plaguelands, around 82,60;
- [A/H] Argent Quartermaster Lightspark: Western Plaguelands, around 43,84;
- [A/H] Argent Quartermaster Hasana: Tirisfal Glades, around 83,68.
Learning this recipe will allow you to create Powerful Anti-Venom, the most of powerful of its kind, which can dispel any poison in PvP, which is extremely handy against Rogues' Crippling Poison and Hunters' Viper Sting.
You can also use Powerful Anti-Venom on allies who are crowd controlled by poisons, such as Blind. This is often the difference between victory and defeat in organized PvP, so be ready to do it at a moment's notice!
4. Complete First Aid Craftables List
This is the full list of items crafted by First Aid in WoW Classic, ordered by skill required to learn:
- Linen Bandage;
- Heavy Linen Bandage;
- Wool Bandage;
- Heavy Wool Bandage;
- Strong Anti-Venom;
- Silk Bandage;
- Heavy Silk Bandage;
- Mageweave Bandage;
- Heavy Mageweave Bandage;
- Runecloth Bandage;
- Heavy Runecloth Bandage;
- Powerful Anti-Venom.
- 25 Aug. 2019: Added a paragraph on using Powerful Anti-Venom to remove Blind on allies.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves (US) Coming September 19th
- New Realms and Free Character Moves for Brasil, Latin America, and Spain
- Buff Slot Clarifications and Upcoming Hotfixes
- WoW Classic EU Queue Times: September 18th
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tuesday 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|