The Stockade Dungeon Guide
The Stockade is an extremely accessible dungeon for Alliance players between Level 25 and 30 to clear the final bosses. This is one of the shortest dungeons in Classic and can be completed in under half an hour.
Located within Stormwind City, The Stockade is a prison that houses some of the most dangerous criminals in kingdom of Stormwind.
1. Entrance Location
The entrance to The Stockade is located in Stormwind City, at the northern corner of the Mage District.
Just as with the Deadmines, there is no reason for Horde players to complete this dungeon while leveling. It is too difficult to get to Stormwind as a Horde player and the time taken to do this would be better used leveling elsewhere.
2. Recommended Classes for The Stockade
You can clear this dungeon with nearly any class setup, but it is advised to bring at least 1 class that has a snare or slowing effect. This is due to the huge number of mobs that will run away at low HP; slowing or snaring them will prevent them from pulling more mobs.
Rogues are also useful for opening chests throughout the dungeon.
3. Layout of The Stockade
The Stockade is an extremely easy instance to navigate, simply being made up of long, straight corridors, with jail cells on each side.
It is worth noting that there are always 2 chests in the dungeon and they can spawn in any of cell rooms. They can spawn unlocked or locked, in which case you will need a Rogue to open it.
4. Notable Trash in The Stockade
The only thing to keep in mind for the trash in The Stockade is that nearly every single mob will run away at low HP to look for help. You will need to slow, snare or stun the mobs to make sure that they do not pull further.
When pulling trash in this instance, make sure to pull the mobs to you and away from other packs, rather than moving your group towards the mobs. This will decrease the likelihood of the mobs pulling another pack when they run away before you can stop them.
Trash in this instance will respawn, so be prepared to clear the same packs multiple times when moving back through the instance.
Bruegal Ironknuckle is the only rare spawn of the dungeon and can be found in one of the cells in the dungeon. Make sure to check every room for him. He is also the only "boss" that drops loot in this dungeon.
4.1. Loot from Bruegal Ironknuckle
5. Bosses in The Stockade
The bosses in The Stockade are unusual in that they only exist to be killed for quests; they drop no loot and have no special abilities that are worth mentioning beyond Dextren Ward's Intimidating Shout and Bazil Thredd's Smoke Bomb. You cannot stop these abilities, you just need to be aware of them.
The bosses found in this dungeon are as follows:
- Targorr the Dread — Level 24 elite humanoid that can be found in multiple jail cells along the first corridor. If you cannot find him in the first corridor, make sure to check every cell while killing other bosses.
- Dextren Ward — Level 26 elite humanoid that is found at the end of the western corridor.
- Kam Deepfury — Level 27 elite humanoid that can be found in multiple jail cells. Check for him while you are looking for Targorr.
- Hamhock — Level 28 humanoid that can be found guarding the final room of the eastern corridor.
- Bazil Thredd — Level 29 elite humanoid that can be found in one of the rooms that Hamhock was guarding.
6. Quests in The Stockade
The quests are the main reason for doing this dungeon, both for the experience and loot that you get from them. These quests are only doable as an Alliance player. They are all obtained outside of the dungeon.
- Crime and Punishment — kill Dextren Ward and collect his hand. This quest is given by Councilman Millstipe in Duskwood.
- Quell The Uprising — kill 10 Defias Prisoners, 8 Defias Convicts, and 8 Defias Insurgents. This quest is given by Warden Thelwater just outside of the instance.
- The Color of Blood — collect 10 Red Wool Bandanas from mobs inside the instance. This quest is given by Nikova Raskol, who can be found walking around the Old Town of Stormwind City.
- The Stockade Riots — kill Bazil Thredd and collect his head. This quest follows on from killing Edwin VanCleef in the Deadmines. It is a chain started by picking up An Unsent Letter.
- What Comes Around... — kill Targorr the Dread and collect his head. This quest is given by Guard Berton in Lakeshire.
There is also the quest The Fury Runs Deep, but it has a chain before it that involves an elite group quest in the Wetlands. You will need a group to complete the prerequisite and the rewards are not worth going to the trouble.
6.1. Notable Quest Loot from The Stockade
While it is not rewarded directly from any of the quests in this dungeon, Seal of Wrynn can be obtained from a quest chain that leads on from The Stockade Riots. This chain starts with The Attack!, which is given by Tyrion after you complete the chain of The Stockade Riots.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Free Character Moves (US) Coming September 19th
- New Realms and Free Character Moves for Brasil, Latin America, and Spain
- Buff Slot Clarifications and Upcoming Hotfixes
- WoW Classic EU Queue Times: September 18th
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- [A] Treachery | Sulfuras | NA PvE / PvP | Tuesday 10 PM - 1 AM | One Night Raiding
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|