The Stockade Dungeon Guide
The Stockade is an extremely accessible dungeon for Alliance players between Level 25 and 30 to clear the final bosses. This is one of the shortest dungeons in Classic and can be completed in under half an hour.
Located within Stormwind City, The Stockade is a prison that houses some of the most dangerous criminals in kingdom of Stormwind.
Before setting foot in the Stockade, we strongly advise you to get all the dungeon quests related to it. To make this process easier, we have written a separate guide.
The entrance to The Stockade is located in Stormwind City, at the northern corner of the Mage District.
Just as with the Deadmines, there is no reason for Horde players to complete this dungeon while leveling. It is too difficult to get to Stormwind as a Horde player and the time taken to do this would be better used leveling elsewhere.
Recommended Classes for The Stockade
You can clear this dungeon with nearly any class setup, but it is advised to bring at least 1 class that has a snare or slowing effect. This is due to the huge number of mobs that will run away at low HP; slowing or snaring them will prevent them from pulling more mobs.
Rogues are also useful for opening chests throughout the dungeon.
Layout of The Stockade
The Stockade is an extremely easy instance to navigate, simply being made up of long, straight corridors, with jail cells on each side.
It is worth noting that there are always 2 chests in the dungeon and they can spawn in any of cell rooms. They can spawn unlocked or locked, in which case you will need a Rogue to open it.
Notable Trash in The Stockade
The only thing to keep in mind for the trash in The Stockade is that nearly every single mob will run away at low HP to look for help. You will need to slow, snare or stun the mobs to make sure that they do not pull further.
When pulling trash in this instance, make sure to pull the mobs to you and away from other packs, rather than moving your group towards the mobs. This will decrease the likelihood of the mobs pulling another pack when they run away before you can stop them.
Trash in this instance will respawn, so be prepared to clear the same packs multiple times when moving back through the instance.
Bruegal Ironknuckle is the only rare spawn of the dungeon and can be found in one of the cells in the dungeon. Make sure to check every room for him. He is also the only "boss" that drops loot in this dungeon.
Loot from Bruegal Ironknuckle
Bosses in The Stockade
The bosses in The Stockade are unusual in that they only exist to be killed for quests; they drop no loot and have no special abilities that are worth mentioning beyond Dextren Ward's Intimidating Shout and Bazil Thredd's Smoke Bomb. You cannot stop these abilities, you just need to be aware of them.
The bosses found in this dungeon are as follows:
- Targorr the Dread — Level 24 elite humanoid that can be found in multiple jail cells along the first corridor. If you cannot find him in the first corridor, make sure to check every cell while killing other bosses.
- Dextren Ward — Level 26 elite humanoid that is found at the end of the western corridor.
- Kam Deepfury — Level 27 elite humanoid that can be found in multiple jail cells. Check for him while you are looking for Targorr.
- Hamhock — Level 28 humanoid that can be found guarding the final room of the eastern corridor.
- Bazil Thredd — Level 29 elite humanoid that can be found in one of the rooms that Hamhock was guarding.
- 23 Sep. 2019: Removed quest-related sections and added link to the Stockade quest guide.
- 16 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Phase 3, Patch 1.13.3 Known Issues List: Dec 10th
- Warsong Gulch Vendor Details and Clarification
- Warsong Gulch and Alterac Valley Guides and Official Preview
- WoW Classic Honor Calculation Bug Update: December 9th
- Classic Phase 3 and Patch 1.13.3 Notes
- Why Diablo 2 Still Holds Up After 20 Years - Book Excerpt
- BlizzCon Winning Cosplays Interview
- Detailed Honor System Clarifications and Stats Issues Addressed
- Quests Completed for Classic
- Weapon swing Timers
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Pet Talent redo
- Classic honor system
- Pet Aggro vs Hunter Aggro
- Classic: Lock Spell Damage question
- New Expansion