Hydraxian Waterlords Reputation Farming Guide
The Hydraxian Waterlords are a group of friendly Water Elementals led by Duke Hydraxis that oppose Ragnaros and, eventually, allow you to summon him by providing access to Majordomo Executus through Aqual Quintessence, which is used to douse the boss runes in Molten Core.
In this guide, we will go over all the ways in which you can obtain Hydraxian Waterlords reputation and what rewards are on offer, including the permanent Eternal Quintessence at Revered.
Hydraxian Waterlords Overview
The Hydraxian Waterlords are led by Duke Hydraxis and comprised of Water Elementals that oppose Ragnaros, the Firelord. You can find Duke and the other friendly elementals at the 79,73 coordinates in Azshara, on an island off the coast.
Unlike most reputations, the purpose of the Hydraxian Waterlords is straightfoward: unlocking the two final bosses of Molten Core, Majordomo Executus and Ragnaros. You can do this through the one-use Aqual Quintessence, which you can request off of Duke Hydraxis once you complete his full questline, or through the permanent Eternal Quintessence, once Revered.
Gaining Reputation with the Hydraxian Waterlords
There are three ways of earning reputation with the Hydraxian Waterlords.
- Killing Air and Fire elementals in Silithus and the Burning Steppes, as well as the Fire elemental bosses in Blackrock Depths and Upper Blackrock Spire;
- Killing enemies in Molten Core, with bosses in this zone being the only reputation source once Revered;
- Doing the final quest for this faction, A Hero's Reward, which awards 200 reputation.
Needless to say, the vast majority of your reputation gains will come from your weekly Molten Core clears, with the climb to Revered being relatively fast and the final climb to Exalted being extremely long.
Questing with the Hydraxian Waterlords
-  Poisoned Water
-  Stormers and Rumblers
-  Eye of the Emberseer
-  The Molten Core
-  Agent of Hydraxis
-  Hands of the Enemy
-  A Hero's Reward
You can obtain both Poisoned Water and Stormers and Rumblers immediately upon first talking with Duke Hydraxis. The rest of the quests are given linearly as you complete the previous step.
Poisoned Water requires you to go to the lake at 52,51 in Eastern Plaguelands and use the provided item, Aspect of Neptulon, on the Blighted Horrors and Plague Monstrositys found there, followed by killing them and looting 12 Discordant Bracers in the process.
Stormers and Rumblers
Stormers and Rumblers requires you to go to Silithus, around the 24,13 coordinate position, and kill 15 Dust Stormer and 15 Desert Rumbler.
Eye of the Emberseer
Eye of the Emberseer requires you to go into Upper Blackrock Spire and kill Pyroguard Emberseer, looting Eye of the Emberseer in the process.
The Molten Core
The Molten Core requires you to go into Molten Core and kill one of: Molten Giant, Firelord, Ancient Core Hound and Lava Surger.
Agent of Hydraxis
Agent of Hydraxis simply requires you to get Honored with the Hydraxian Waterlords, which can easily be achieved through Molten Core runs or, with a little bit more work, by farming Dust Stormers and Desert Rumblers in Silithus.
Hands of the Enemy
Hands of the Enemy requires you to go into Molten Core and loot Hand of Lucifron, Hand of Gehennas, Hand of Shazzrah, and Hand of Sulfuron from the bosses with the same name.
A Hero's Reward
A Hero's Reward simply requires you to loot the nearby underwater coffer, and rewards a good Fire Resistance ring.
Rewards and Quartermaster
There are no quartermasters for the Hydraxian Waterlords, but there are three notable rewards:
- Aqual Quintessence, which is required to kill the final two bosses of Molten Core (by dousing the runes associated with each of the other bosses) and can be obtained once you finish Hands of the Enemy;
- Eternal Quintessence, which is a permanent version of Aqual Quintessence with a 1-hour cooldown and requires Revered to obtain;
- Ocean's Breeze and Tidal Loop, which are Fire Resistance rings rewarded from A Hero's Reward.
- 24 May 2020: Small typo fix.
- 21 Feb. 2020: Guide added.
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Scourge Invasion Enabled on Phase 6 PTR
- Naxxramas Raid Testing Starts Thursday
- PvP Pools Hotfix Delayed Indefinitely
- The Insanity Continues: Imp Name Speedruns
- Fastest Solo Dire Maul Tribute Run: 5 Minutes 13 Seconds
- Sub-30 Minute Ahn'Qiraj Record Speed Clear