The Twin Emperors Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
The Twin Emperors are a shared-health council fight and the fifth mandatory encounter in the AQ40. They can be fought once Princess Huhuran is squashed.
Make sure to kill all of the Anubisath Defenders in the previous rooms before starting the encounter, or they will teleport into the room and quickly wipe your group.
Notable loot includes Kalimdor's Revenge and Bracelets of Royal Redemption, as well as the headpiece Tier 2.5 tokens.
Season of Mastery changes to the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
In the Season of Mastery, the Temple of Ahn'Qiraj has gained a new affix system that allows for new challenges and additional loot to be gained for defeating bosses inside of the raid instance. Check out our in-depth guide for this new feature in the AQ40 raid guide hub.
Twin Emperors Summary by Role
- You can either use two Warriors, who will generate threat with melee attacks on Vek'nilash and with Battle Shout on Vek'lor (be away from hostile bugs to avoid splitting its threat generation), or have two Warlocks tank Vek'lor with Searing Pain.
- Keep the emperors split apart (to prevent boss heals) by pulling them down from their pedestals into opposite room corners. Because of their periodic positional swapping with each other (plus threat reset), you will need to have a tank for the opposite emperor ready on each corner, ahead of the swap.
- Stay relatively close to the center of the room in order to maximize the amount of people you can heal, unless you are focusing on tank healing, in which case you can be at the entrance stair area closest to your tank.
- Dodge any Blizzards from Vek'lor and bugs that become hostile.
- Melee should be on Vek'nilash and casters should be on Vek'nilash bugs. If all bugs have been dealt with, casters can attack Vek'lor from a central position until new bugs become hostile. Make sure to not overaggro Vek'lor, especially after a swap.
- Dodge any Blizzards from Vek'lor and hostile bugs that grow, as their explosion is deadly.
Strategy for Twin Emperors
The Twin Emperors, as one of the last encounters in AQ40, is a hard fight that requires special preparation and strategy.
Make sure to have cleared all Anubisath Defenders in the previous room before engaging The Twin Emperors, or they will teleport into the room and wipe your group as soon as you pull!
Assign tanks for each side of the room and begin by pulling both bosses down the stairs into the middle of the room, making sure they are far apart. Casters and raid healers should be in the middle of the room and focus DPS on hostile bugs, while melee players chase down Vek'nilash for most of the boss damage.
Make sure to dodge the Blizzards and exploding bugs from Emperor Vek'lor, and never go close to him or he will deal a ton of damage and push you back with an Arcane Explosion.
On his side, Vek'nilash will reduce the defense of your tank by 100 and generally deal a ton of physical damage. He will also make some of the bugs hostile, so make sure to kill those fast.
Loot from the Twin Emperors
|Amulet of Vek'nilash||Neck|
|Ring of Emperor Vek'lor||Ring|
|Vek'lor's Gloves of Devastation||Gloves|
|Gloves of the Hidden Temple||Gloves|
|Bracelets of Royal Redemption||Wrist|
|Royal Qiraji Belt||Belt|
|Regenerating Belt of Vek'nilash||Belt|
|Belt of the Fallen Emperor||Belt|
|Grasp of the Fallen Emperor||Belt|
|Boots of Epiphany||Boots|
|Royal Scepter of Vek'lor||Off-Hand|
|Imperial Qiraji Armaments||Token|
|Imperial Qiraji Regalia||Token|
- 21 Apr. 2022: Mentioned encounter changes in the Season of Mastery.
- 05 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- Chinese Realm "Region Unavailable" Messages Appeared for EU Players
- Changes to Death Knight Character Creation Restrictions Coming
- Free Character Transfers in Wrath Classic: March 3rd
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: March 1st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 24th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 21st
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: February 16th
- Season of Mastery Realms Closing This Week, Transfers Open