The Twin Emperors Guide: Strategy, Abilities, Loot
Make sure to kill all of the Anubisath Defenders in the previous rooms before starting the encounter, or they will teleport into the room and quickly wipe your group.
Notable loot includes Kalimdor's Revenge and Bracelets of Royal Redemption, as well as the headpiece Tier 2.5 tokens.
Twin Emperors Summary by Role
- You can either use two Warriors, who will generate threat with melee attacks on Vek'nilash and with Battle Shout on Vek'lor (be away from hostile bugs to avoid splitting its threat generation), or have two Warlocks tank Vek'lor with Searing Pain.
- Keep the emperors split apart (to prevent boss heals) by pulling them down from their pedestals into opposite room corners. Because of their periodic positional swapping with each other (plus threat reset), you will need to have a tank for the opposite emperor ready on each corner, ahead of the swap.
- Stay relatively close to the center of the room in order to maximize the amount of people you can heal, unless you are focusing on tank healing, in which case you can be at the entrance stair area closest to your tank.
- Dodge any Blizzards from Vek'lor and bugs that become hostile.
- Melee should be on Vek'nilash and casters should be on Vek'nilash bugs. If all bugs have been dealt with, casters can attack Vek'lor from a central position until new bugs become hostile. Make sure to not overaggro Vek'lor, especially after a swap.
- Dodge any Blizzards from Vek'lor and hostile bugs that grow, as their explosion is deadly.
Strategy for Twin Emperors
The Twin Emperors, as one of the last encounters in AQ40, is a hard fight that requires special preparation and strategy.
Make sure to have cleared all Anubisath Defenders in the previous room before engaging The Twin Emperors, or they will teleport into the room and wipe your group as soon as you pull!
Assign tanks for each side of the room and begin by pulling both bosses down the stairs into the middle of the room, making sure they are far apart. Casters and raid healers should be in the middle of the room and focus DPS on hostile bugs, while melee players chase down Vek'nilash for most of the boss damage.
Make sure to dodge the Blizzards and exploding bugs from Emperor Vek'lor, and never go close to him or he will deal a ton of damage and push you back with an Arcane Explosion.
On his side, Vek'nilash will reduce the defense of your tank by 100 and generally deal a ton of physical damage. He will also make some of the bugs hostile, so make sure to kill those fast.
Loot from the Twin Emperors
|Amulet of Vek'nilash||Neck|
|Ring of Emperor Vek'lor||Ring|
|Vek'lor's Gloves of Devastation||Gloves|
|Gloves of the Hidden Temple||Gloves|
|Bracelets of Royal Redemption||Wrist|
|Royal Qiraji Belt||Belt|
|Regenerating Belt of Vek'nilash||Belt|
|Belt of the Fallen Emperor||Belt|
|Grasp of the Fallen Emperor||Belt|
|Boots of Epiphany||Boots|
|Royal Scepter of Vek'lor||Off-Hand|
|Imperial Qiraji Armaments||Token|
|Imperial Qiraji Regalia||Token|
- 05 Jul. 2020: Guide added.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Naxxramas Attunement Now Available in WoW Classic
- 500 Mobs in Two Pulls in Maraudon
- World First Molten Core Cleared by 40 Mages
- C'Thun Is Back to Destroying Everyone Anywhere in Ahn'Qiraj
- 1K HP Level 1 Fully World Buffed Warrior PvPs Vs. Multiple level 10+ At Once
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Full Druid Raid Clears 10/10 Zul'Gurub