Freezing Arrow Frostmaiden Amazon Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Frost Maiden Amazon build, which revolves around Freezing Arrow. Note that the following list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Frostmaiden Skill Build
This section goes over your ideal skill build. You can see it pictured immediately below in our skill calculator, and then we also provide you with a listed progression.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Freezing Arrow — Main damage and crowd control skill
- 20 points to Cold Arrow — Synergy for Freezing Arrow
- 1 points to Ice Arrow — While it is a synergy for Freezing Arrow it only increases Freeze Length, which is not particularly useful
- 9 points to Pierce — when used with Razortail, helps reach a 100% chance to Pierce enemies, which significantly improves area of effect damage output; required
- 17+ points to Valkyrie — extremely helpful in tanking and is almost necessary in a Hardcore playthrough. If you do go for Valkyrie, having at least 17 points total will give her the best gear possible
The Frostmaiden is the pinnacle of safety as far as Amazons go. Her entire build focuses on immobilizing and shattering enemies, and pairs well with melee damage dealers as a support build.
The main focus of the Frostmaiden is simply trying to hit as many monsters as possible with Freezing Arrow. To do this as effectively as possible, you will need 95% chance to hit monsters and 100% Pierce. While Freezing Arrow will hit no matter what, it will not pierce monsters unless the hit-check succeeds. While this build does not always need to pierce to be effective, it will be much safer with maximum pierce. And as long as you are casting Freezing Arrow, every monster in front of you (besides Champions, Uniques, and Cold Immunes) will be permanently frozen.
The downside of the Frostmaiden is her limited damage and Mana sustain issues. Having high chance to pierce makes it easier to freeze larger groups of monsters with less Mana spent. It also lets you damage larger groups more often. Even with Pierce, however, you will burn through Mana quickly and you will be using several arrows to kill one monster. The only way to offset the Mana cost is to have a strong source of Mana Regeneration (such as Meditation), using Mana Potions, or getting to the expensive gearset to allow arrows to deal enough Physical damage to Leech some Mana, though the last option is the least viable and the hardest to make effective.
The build does not require expensive gear to be effective, but will lack damage without some of the expensive items. As such, you may feel slow if you are playing solo, and only average at best once you obtains more expensive gear. But if you are playing with a damage dealer, you will find this build pretty rewarding as the only monsters you will ever have to worry about in the future are Cold Immune monsters, which you cannot freeze.
If you like playing from a distance and supporting a group or watching enemies stand there as you freeze them to death, you will enjoy this build.
Frostmaiden Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Frostmaiden Need?
Enough for gear — this number always changes based on the gear you are using, so make sure to always double check the Strength requirements of each piece of gear you are planning to use as well as how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Frostmaiden Need?
Enough for gear — Dexterity can also be used to add a little bit of Attack Rating, but this is generally not the best way to obtain it. Many bows require high Dexterity, meaning you will often end up having enough Attack Rating by nature.
How much Vitality Does a Frostmaiden Need?
Everything else into Vitality; 250+ points. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength and Dexterity requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. Not only does this increase your Life total, but this also increases the chance for Healing Potions to crit, doubling their healing output. Further, additional Life reduces the chance that you will be put into hit recovery.
How much Energy Does a Frostmaiden Need?
Nothing — allocating stat points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. For this Frostmaiden build, it is often recommended to get to around 40-50 Energy while leveling that you can then refund with a respec later into the game.
- 31 Aug. 2021: Page added.
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.3.1 Hotfixes: February 7th
- How To Get All Lunar Awakening Cosmetics and Mount Very Fast in Diablo 4’s New Event
- Protection Shrines May Not Work Correctly After Lunar Awakening Patch
- Workaround for Diablo 4 Crashing While Loading
- The Gauntlet & Leaderboards Launch Delayed
- World Tier 4 Vault and Trading Re-Enabled
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- World Tier 4 Vault of the Loom Temporarily Disabled