Physical Spearzon (Amazon) Build Skills for Diablo 2 Resurrected
This page shows the recommended skill point progression and priority for the Spearzon, as well as the typical Spearzon playstyle. Note that the skill point list refers to the total number of skill points, not the character level, to best account for the 12 bonus skill points granted by quests.
Spearzon Skill Build
This section goes over your ideal skill build. You can see it pictured immediately below in our skill calculator, and then we also provide you with a listed progression.
- 1 point to all prerequisites
- 20 points to Impale — main single target skill
- 20 points to Fend — main area of effect skill, invest points early
- 20 points to Critical Strike — max out for double damage hits!
- 20 points to Penetrate — great for a boost of Attack Rating; max last or before Critical Strike
- 1 point into Dodge, Avoid, Evade — Great 1 point wonders for the Amazon
- 1-20 points to Valkyrie — if you want a tanky minion to protect you, the first few points improve Valkyrie significantly. Aim for a total skill of at least 17 (or more) to maximise the gear of the Valkyrie and provide her with potential elemental damage Immunities. Great for maxing out last after all other skills have been finished.
Spearzon Build Discussion
Spearzons are a little Mana intensive. Until you get to your endgame gear or until you get enough Damage and Mana Leech, your Mana sustain will be very low and you will be going through Mana Potions rapidly. Meditation and/or high Physical damage with enough Mana Leech will help your Mana sustain tremendously. Since Spearzons are dependent upon Increased Attack Speed, Cannot Be Frozen is a must-have attribute to further help with Mana sustain through Leech.
The defensiveness of the typical Spearzon is lacking because most of the optimal offensive gear choices leave her without a a solid way of getting resistances. She also does not gain a lot of Life per point of Vitality leaving her with a few weaknesses. To help this, stacking up Charms with Life and Resistances can be very beneficial.
Spearzon Stats Discussion
The following section discusses how many attribute points should be allocated to each of the primary stats.
How much Strength Does a Spearzon Need?
Enough for gear. For a Spearzon using a War Pike, this will be 165 Strength as that is usually the highest Strength requirement for commonly used gear. If choosing to use another Weapon with lower Strength requirements, then just adjust your Strength to that value. This number always changes based on the gear you are using, though, so make sure to always double check the requirements for each piece of gear you have as well as how much Strength each piece will provide once equipped.
How much Dexterity Does a Spearzon Need?
Enough for gear, which should be around 106 if using a War Pike. Dexterity is not worth investing into over Vitality; its return for Attack Rating and Defense are insignificant at best.
How much Vitality Does a Spearzon Need?
Everything else into Vitality; 250+ points. Every excess attribute point should be allocated to Vitality, as long as you can meet the Strength and Dexterity requirements of your items by the time you wish to equip them. Not only does this increase your Life total, but this also increases the chance for Healing Potions to crit, doubling their healing output. Further, additional Life reduces the chance that you will be put into hit recovery.
How much Energy Does a Spearzon Need?
Nothing. Allocating attribute points to Energy in a final build is universally considered sub-par for almost every character due to the widespread availability of Mana Potions. While leveling, if you find yourself struggling with Mana you can allocate a few points to Energy that you can then remove with a respec later on.
- 28 Apr. 2022: Page added.
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.3.1 Hotfixes: February 7th
- How To Get All Lunar Awakening Cosmetics and Mount Very Fast in Diablo 4’s New Event
- Protection Shrines May Not Work Correctly After Lunar Awakening Patch
- Workaround for Diablo 4 Crashing While Loading
- The Gauntlet & Leaderboards Launch Delayed
- World Tier 4 Vault and Trading Re-Enabled
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- World Tier 4 Vault of the Loom Temporarily Disabled