Omni-Gearing for Tank Jobs
This page contains the all of the information for gearing multiple jobs that fall under the Tank role category.
This page is up to date as of Patch 6.4
Tank gear can be pretty easily shared between all tanks, using Skill Speed melds on the weapon or swapping foods to have different Skill Speeds on different jobs. Every tank can operate well at around 2.45 or 2.50 GCD.
Use the Tank Gear Calculator if you would like to create your own sets. Be mindful that due to the nature of the model the tankcalc uses, the DPS number cannot be meaningfully used to compare between different Skill Speed tiers and in real encounters.
Omni-Tank 2.50 GCD
Some job-specific notes:
- Paladin: Meld the weapon with CRIT+DH instead of 2x CRIT
- Gunbreaker: If you would rather play Gunbreaker with some skill speed, you can use for food and use a savage ring melded DH+SKS over the unaugmented tome ring. This will put you at 2.46, where you should use No Mercy on cooldown rather than late weaving every one -- this will get you 9 No Mercy GCDs every other No Mercy.
- 24 May 2023: Updated for 6.4.
- 20 Apr. 2022: Guide added.
- Join the FFXIV Open Beta Test on Xbox Series X and S
- FFXIV x FFXVI Crossover Event: A Path Infernal - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- The Moogle Treasure Trove Returns to FFXIV with New Rewards and Challenges! - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - The Maidens Rhapsody: A Tribute to Final Fantasy XI
- FFXIV - Patch 6.55: What to Expect From Endwalkers Last Patch - Sponsored by Butterfinger
- FFXIV - New Hydaelyn and Zodiark Figure
- FFXIV - Pre-Order the New Endwalker Art Collection and Get a Zodiark Idol Minion
- FFXIV Dawntrail: Zones and Battle Content - Sponsored by Butterfinger