Damien

N'Zoth Reno Warlock Wild

12 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Reno Warlock Wild deck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Book Wyrm doesn't seem like a great recommendation given that (unless I'm being dumber than usual) there's only one dragon in the deck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, this part :

Quote

Against Shaman specifically, Book Wyrm is a key card and should be chosen from Netherspite Historian in almost all cases. Book Wyrm has numerous targets in the deck such as Thunder Bluff Valiant, Mana Tide Totem, and Flametongue Totem.

looks totally out of place given deck plays neither Book wyrm nor Historian. Stop The Copypasta!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2016 at 0:52 PM, Chacal said:

Book Wyrm doesn't seem like a great recommendation given that (unless I'm being dumber than usual) there's only one dragon in the deck.

Will put in a note about this. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Guest kestheguest said:

Can we get some guidance on how to use kazakus?

You usually want stuff that fits your current situation the best. Generally, if you are against aggro decks, you want 1- or 5-cost potion, against control you want almost always 10--cost. Against aggro you usually want to pick FelbloomStonescale Oil or Netherbloom. Against control you want   Kingsblood (unless you have already dug too deep)Ichor of Undeath and Netherbloom. Possibly Heart of Fire if you are behind on board or the opponent has a minion you need to get rid of (such as Ragnaros the Firelord). If you have a solid board, Goldthorn is fine as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2017 at 1:02 AM, positiv2 said:

You usually want stuff that fits your current situation the best. Generally, if you are against aggro decks, you want 1- or 5-cost potion, against control you want almost always 10--cost. Against aggro you usually want to pick FelbloomStonescale Oil or Netherbloom. Against control you want   Kingsblood (unless you have already dug too deep)Ichor of Undeath and Netherbloom. Possibly Heart of Fire if you are behind on board or the opponent has a minion you need to get rid of (such as Ragnaros the Firelord). If you have a solid board, Goldthorn is fine as well.

I disagree.  Reno lock doesn't need 10 mana cost cards to win control match ups.  It keeps you from being able to hero power, which is very important, on top of that, you either out value them in the short term with your insane card advantage or just grind them to dust under jaraxxus (both of which 10 mana cost potions can be very detrimental too).  If your game plan is to just out value them and win through attrition early with your hero power, the 5 mana potion with some combination of resurrect, extra health and summoning a demon is very strong, the AoE, sheep, and damage ones can also be good depending on board state.  If you plan to grind them out using jaraxxus, a 5 mana armor and AoE can be very strong, either that or armor + one of the value ones, depending on the match.  The 10 mana potions can be very situationally useful against N'zoth decks however.  If you know you can't kill them via attrition early, a 10 mana AoE or sheep spell can swing the board on the N'zoth turn to your advantage, and will often outright win you the game, unless your in danger of just fatiguing out (Also most N'zoth decks don't run as much burst as other decks making the armor less important overall).

Edited by VaraTreledees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

I disagree.  Reno lock doesn't need 10 mana cost cards to win control match ups. 

While renolock does not need it, big stuff in control matchup is always welcome. You can almost always afford to play 10 mana spell.

4 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

It keeps you from being able to hero power

Well, with 10-cost Kingsblood, you draw as many cards as you would with 5-cost Kingsblood + tap. You pay 3 extra mana but you also improve the other part of the potion, and you take 2 less damage. That's more than okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/18/2017 at 2:38 AM, positiv2 said:

Well, with 10-cost Kingsblood, you draw as many cards as you would with 5-cost Kingsblood + tap. You pay 3 extra mana but you also improve the other part of the potion, and you take 2 less damage. That's more than okay.

Or you could draw one less card, take 2 more damage and get an entire additional effect, like a 5/5 or +4 health for all your minions (while also having 3 mana to play with).  I am not sure why you would ever pick a 10 mana draw three in warlock.  You generally have such a huge hand it is awkward to even set up a turn where you can draw three without overdrawing, on top of that, if you are going for a 10 mana cost potion, the game is probably going to drag on for a while, and warlocks have a serious problem with fatiguing out in the more grindy games.  Plus, against like reno mage, or control warrior you really want the armor potion so you can jaraxxus and not die to their burst, a 10 mana cost potion makes it really hard to set up a turn where you can jarraxus, because you would generally want to play a 10 mana potion before you jaraxxus since you can't hero power with it, which is a big deal when you are losing a 6/6.

Edited by VaraTreledees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

Or you could draw one less card, take 2 more damage and get an entire additional effect, like a 5/5 or +4 health for all your minions (while also having 3 mana to play with).  

You do get an additional effect even if you take 10 mana potion, so not sure what you mean. Additionally, the other effect is much more powerful.
3 mana is not that good for this deck, as you will have played the small proactive minions the the early game, and a lot of cards that cost 3 mana or less are situational/clear, such as Doomsayer or Demonwrath.

13 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

I am not sure why you would ever pick a 10 mana draw three in warlock.  You generally have such a huge hand it is awkward to even set up a turn where you can draw three without overdrawing, on top of that, if you are going for a 10 mana cost potion, the game is probably going to drag on for a while, and warlocks have a serious problem with fatiguing out in the more grindy games.

If you have a Kingsblood potion in hand, you just don't tap as much. Simple as that.
Besides, I already said Kingsblood shouldn't be taken if you dug too deep.

13 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

Plus, against like reno mage, or control warrior you really want the armor potion so you can jaraxxus and not die to their burst, a 10 mana cost potion makes it really hard to set up a turn where you can jarraxus, because you would generally want to play a 10 mana potion before you jaraxxus since you can't hero power with it, which is a big deal when you are losing a 6/6.

You can win against reno mage even without Infernals. What I noticed is that control warriors play Grommash Hellscream much less that they used to and go for anti-aggro tools instead. This means you should not be afraid of Death's Bite + Grommash Hellscream that much, and should probably go for a value or removal tool, such as Mystic Wool, just like you said, or Felbloom. If you are able to get one of these, you usually win even without Lord Jaraxxus.
If you have armor and play Lord Jaraxxus, you lose all the armor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been playing this style of deck for the past two months and was wondering, in light of the release of Un'Goro, if there are better early game AoE options for Renolock.  Granted this is a singleton deck which makes its inconsistency high, but as of now I am getting ran over by either Quest Rogue and Quest Mill Rogue.  I was kind of thinking about using something like Bloodbloom in conjuction with Twisting Nether, but given the fact that that deck runs so many one-drops particularly Patches, the 1/1 pig, and the 2/1 pirate all with charge, you either hope that their draws are horrid beyond belief or you concede.  Maybe there are some thought on a purely anti-aggro build...? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Guest madbeatz said:

I have been playing this style of deck for the past two months and was wondering, in light of the release of Un'Goro, if there are better early game AoE options for Renolock.  Granted this is a singleton deck which makes its inconsistency high, but as of now I am getting ran over by either Quest Rogue and Quest Mill Rogue.  I was kind of thinking about using something like Bloodbloom in conjuction with Twisting Nether, but given the fact that that deck runs so many one-drops particularly Patches, the 1/1 pig, and the 2/1 pirate all with charge, you either hope that their draws are horrid beyond belief or you concede.  Maybe there are some thought on a purely anti-aggro build...? 

I run Deathlord in place of Mind Control Tech and it works quite well for me, though I played it around rank 13 since Un'goro, so your experience may vary if you are around rank 5 or so. If doesn't work (well enough) for you, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Zadina
      Various bosses from The Witchwood's Monster Hunt are ready to battle it out in this week's brand new Tavern Brawl.
      This is the first special Tavern Brawl that we will see during this year's Hallow's End.
      You just queue up and you get assigned a random boss from the Monster Hunt. Some of these bosses include:
      Azalina Soulthief (Hero Power: 2 mana - Summon three 1/1 Wisps) Blood Witch Greta (Passive Hero Power: Spells cost Health instead of Mana) Brushwood Centurion (Hero Power: 3 mana - All minions attack random enemy minions) Chupacabran (Hero Power: 1 mana - Give a friendly minion +1/+1 and Lifesteal) Plaguemaster Rancel (Hero Power: 2 mana - Deal 2 damage to a minion. If it survives, give it Poisonous) Shudderwock (Passive Hero Power - All Battlecries trigger twice) Winslow Tobtock (Hero Power: 2 mana - Each player shuffles their hand into their decks and draws that many cards) Wharrgarbl (Hero Power: 2 mana - Draw 3 Murlocs from your deck) Experiment 3C (Hero Power: 1 mana - Destroy a friendly minion and draw 3 cards) It's not sure how many bosses there are available, but they certainly have similar decks as during the PvE adventure. It might be worth checking our Monster Hunt guide to refresh your memory on some of their abilities or just experience them in action!
       
    • By Zadina
      Hallow's End is going to last from October 17 until October 31.
      As we've already discussed, you can log in to enjoy the spooky festivities and receive a free Golden Witch's Cauldron.
      You will also get a free Arena entry ticket in order to test your mettle in the Dual Class Arena. Pick a Hero, choose the Hero Power of a second Hero and try to make the perfect mix with the combined might of both Heroes' class cards.
      We'll have two Tavern Brawls during Hallow's end: Monster Smash (October 17-22) and The Headless Horseman Rides Again (October 24 - 29)!
      Lastly, for a limited time you can purchase the new Paladin hero, Sir Annoy-o, as a Bundle along with 20 Witchwood packs at the price of $19.99 or 19.99 EUR. This mighty new hero even has his own backstory which you can read here.
      Later today, we should also see the balance changes go live.
    • By Zadina
      The update will take effect on October 18.
      Well, the balance changes were smaller than expected as only three cards were affected this time.
      As expected, Giggling Inventor was affected as it now costs 7 mana, up from 5. The team actually considered it too powerful for 6 mana, which raises the question why it was 5 mana in the first place. Anyway, it still remains an odd card if this is still relevant.

      Now, a big and unexpected change was Mana Wyrm being raised to 2 mana. The iconic Classic minion has undergone the Tunnel Trogg treatment and after 4+ years of power, it is ready to retire.

      And a Wild change to alleviate the devastating Druid combo: Aviana will now cost 10 mana. This means she can't be played at the same turn as Kun the Forgotten King and Juicy Psychmelon won't be able to draw both Kun the Forgotten King and Aviana with it.

      The update will go live on October 18th with the weekly reset. What do you guys think about the changes?
    • By Zadina
      The rewards on Hearthstone for purchasing a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket have been revealed.
      You will receive a very elegant card back and 2 packs from each of the following expansions: Classic, The Witchwood, Kobolds & Catacombs, Knights of the Frozen Throne and Journey to Un'Goro.
      You can purchase the virtual ticket for this year's BlizzCon here.
    • By Zadina
      Bosses from various Hearthstone adventure battle it out in this week's Tavern Brawl.
      This is the second time we see Boss Battle Royale 2, which itself is a variation of the original Tavern Brawl. This time, we have a new Druid hero and the Warlock hero Sindragosa has been slightly nerfed.
      You pick a class and then you get a specific boss hero, which has its special hero power and a predetermined deck:
      Druid: King Togwaggle (Magic Candle: 3 mana - Find a Treasure) Hunter: Skelesaurus Hex (Ancient Power: 0 mana - Give each player a random cards. It costs 0) Mage: The Curator (Gallery Protection: Passive - Your Hero has Taunt) Paladin: White King (Castle: 2 mana - Discover a chess piece) Priest: Professor Putricide (Mad Science: Passive - All Secrets cost 0) Shaman: Lady Naz'jar (Pearl of the Tides: At the end of your turn, replace all minions with new ones that cost 1 more) Rogue: Grobbulus (Poison Cloud: 2 mana - Deal 1 damage to all minions. If any die, summon a slime) Warlock: Sindragosa (Ice Claw: 2 mana - Do 2 damage. There will be 2 Blocks of Ice on your opponent's side of the board at the beginning of the game) Warrior: Coren Direbrew (Pile On!: 0 mana - Put a minion from each deck into the battlefield) Sindragosa is pretty powerful. Lady Naz'jar, Coren Direbrew and Skelesaurus Hex have random effects that can benefit your opponent - Lady Naz'jar seem to have more success than the other two. Grobbulus can work too, if you play smartly.
      Good luck!