Damien

N'Zoth Reno Warlock Wild

12 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our N'Zoth Reno Warlock Wild deck.

Book Wyrm doesn't seem like a great recommendation given that (unless I'm being dumber than usual) there's only one dragon in the deck.

• Like 1

Yeah, this part :

Against Shaman specifically, Book Wyrm is a key card and should be chosen from Netherspite Historian in almost all cases. Book Wyrm has numerous targets in the deck such as Thunder Bluff Valiant, Mana Tide Totem, and Flametongue Totem.

looks totally out of place given deck plays neither Book wyrm nor Historian. Stop The Copypasta!

On 10/19/2016 at 0:52 PM, Chacal said:

Book Wyrm doesn't seem like a great recommendation given that (unless I'm being dumber than usual) there's only one dragon in the deck.

Will put in a note about this. Thanks!

4 hours ago, Guest kestheguest said:

Can we get some guidance on how to use kazakus?

You usually want stuff that fits your current situation the best. Generally, if you are against aggro decks, you want 1- or 5-cost potion, against control you want almost always 10--cost. Against aggro you usually want to pick FelbloomStonescale Oil or Netherbloom. Against control you want   Kingsblood (unless you have already dug too deep)Ichor of Undeath and Netherbloom. Possibly Heart of Fire if you are behind on board or the opponent has a minion you need to get rid of (such as Ragnaros the Firelord). If you have a solid board, Goldthorn is fine as well.

On 1/12/2017 at 1:02 AM, positiv2 said:

You usually want stuff that fits your current situation the best. Generally, if you are against aggro decks, you want 1- or 5-cost potion, against control you want almost always 10--cost. Against aggro you usually want to pick FelbloomStonescale Oil or Netherbloom. Against control you want   Kingsblood (unless you have already dug too deep)Ichor of Undeath and Netherbloom. Possibly Heart of Fire if you are behind on board or the opponent has a minion you need to get rid of (such as Ragnaros the Firelord). If you have a solid board, Goldthorn is fine as well.

I disagree.  Reno lock doesn't need 10 mana cost cards to win control match ups.  It keeps you from being able to hero power, which is very important, on top of that, you either out value them in the short term with your insane card advantage or just grind them to dust under jaraxxus (both of which 10 mana cost potions can be very detrimental too).  If your game plan is to just out value them and win through attrition early with your hero power, the 5 mana potion with some combination of resurrect, extra health and summoning a demon is very strong, the AoE, sheep, and damage ones can also be good depending on board state.  If you plan to grind them out using jaraxxus, a 5 mana armor and AoE can be very strong, either that or armor + one of the value ones, depending on the match.  The 10 mana potions can be very situationally useful against N'zoth decks however.  If you know you can't kill them via attrition early, a 10 mana AoE or sheep spell can swing the board on the N'zoth turn to your advantage, and will often outright win you the game, unless your in danger of just fatiguing out (Also most N'zoth decks don't run as much burst as other decks making the armor less important overall).

Edited by VaraTreledees

4 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

I disagree.  Reno lock doesn't need 10 mana cost cards to win control match ups. 

While renolock does not need it, big stuff in control matchup is always welcome. You can almost always afford to play 10 mana spell.

4 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

It keeps you from being able to hero power

Well, with 10-cost Kingsblood, you draw as many cards as you would with 5-cost Kingsblood + tap. You pay 3 extra mana but you also improve the other part of the potion, and you take 2 less damage. That's more than okay.

On 2/18/2017 at 2:38 AM, positiv2 said:

Well, with 10-cost Kingsblood, you draw as many cards as you would with 5-cost Kingsblood + tap. You pay 3 extra mana but you also improve the other part of the potion, and you take 2 less damage. That's more than okay.

Or you could draw one less card, take 2 more damage and get an entire additional effect, like a 5/5 or +4 health for all your minions (while also having 3 mana to play with).  I am not sure why you would ever pick a 10 mana draw three in warlock.  You generally have such a huge hand it is awkward to even set up a turn where you can draw three without overdrawing, on top of that, if you are going for a 10 mana cost potion, the game is probably going to drag on for a while, and warlocks have a serious problem with fatiguing out in the more grindy games.  Plus, against like reno mage, or control warrior you really want the armor potion so you can jaraxxus and not die to their burst, a 10 mana cost potion makes it really hard to set up a turn where you can jarraxus, because you would generally want to play a 10 mana potion before you jaraxxus since you can't hero power with it, which is a big deal when you are losing a 6/6.

Edited by VaraTreledees

13 hours ago, VaraTreledees said:

Or you could draw one less card, take 2 more damage and get an entire additional effect, like a 5/5 or +4 health for all your minions (while also having 3 mana to play with).  

You do get an additional effect even if you take 10 mana potion, so not sure what you mean. Additionally, the other effect is much more powerful.
3 mana is not that good for this deck, as you will have played the small proactive minions the the early game, and a lot of cards that cost 3 mana or less are situational/clear, such as Doomsayer or Demonwrath.

I am not sure why you would ever pick a 10 mana draw three in warlock.  You generally have such a huge hand it is awkward to even set up a turn where you can draw three without overdrawing, on top of that, if you are going for a 10 mana cost potion, the game is probably going to drag on for a while, and warlocks have a serious problem with fatiguing out in the more grindy games.

If you have a Kingsblood potion in hand, you just don't tap as much. Simple as that.
Besides, I already said Kingsblood shouldn't be taken if you dug too deep.

Plus, against like reno mage, or control warrior you really want the armor potion so you can jaraxxus and not die to their burst, a 10 mana cost potion makes it really hard to set up a turn where you can jarraxus, because you would generally want to play a 10 mana potion before you jaraxxus since you can't hero power with it, which is a big deal when you are losing a 6/6.

You can win against reno mage even without Infernals. What I noticed is that control warriors play Grommash Hellscream much less that they used to and go for anti-aggro tools instead. This means you should not be afraid of Death's Bite + Grommash Hellscream that much, and should probably go for a value or removal tool, such as Mystic Wool, just like you said, or Felbloom. If you are able to get one of these, you usually win even without Lord Jaraxxus.
If you have armor and play Lord Jaraxxus, you lose all the armor.

I have been playing this style of deck for the past two months and was wondering, in light of the release of Un'Goro, if there are better early game AoE options for Renolock.  Granted this is a singleton deck which makes its inconsistency high, but as of now I am getting ran over by either Quest Rogue and Quest Mill Rogue.  I was kind of thinking about using something like Bloodbloom in conjuction with Twisting Nether, but given the fact that that deck runs so many one-drops particularly Patches, the 1/1 pig, and the 2/1 pirate all with charge, you either hope that their draws are horrid beyond belief or you concede.  Maybe there are some thought on a purely anti-aggro build...? 

22 hours ago, Guest madbeatz said:

I have been playing this style of deck for the past two months and was wondering, in light of the release of Un'Goro, if there are better early game AoE options for Renolock.  Granted this is a singleton deck which makes its inconsistency high, but as of now I am getting ran over by either Quest Rogue and Quest Mill Rogue.  I was kind of thinking about using something like Bloodbloom in conjuction with Twisting Nether, but given the fact that that deck runs so many one-drops particularly Patches, the 1/1 pig, and the 2/1 pirate all with charge, you either hope that their draws are horrid beyond belief or you concede.  Maybe there are some thought on a purely anti-aggro build...? 

I run Deathlord in place of Mind Control Tech and it works quite well for me, though I played it around rank 13 since Un'goro, so your experience may vary if you are around rank 5 or so. If doesn't work (well enough) for you, let me know.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.