Oxygen

Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Bearshark and Hadronox

26 posts in this topic

grNgHki.jpg

Bearshark and Hadronox were just revealed!

If you've missed any of the previously revealed cards, feel free to check them out on our Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion hub.

Bearshark

636367040553987117.png

(Image is a courtesy of Hearthpwn)

Houndmaster should probably be renamed to Bearsharkmaster because it curves out just perfectly into an Elusive minion that's going to be difficult to remove. Since hunters don't use spells to buff their own minions, Elusive isn't actually going to be a downside. This seems like it'll make for a solid addition to any hunter deck.

Hadronox

ODvRYua.png

(Image is a courtesy of Hearthpwn)

The current rendition of Ramp druid runs 5 to 6 Taunt minions, but plays very greedy with cutting long-time staples of the class such as Druid of the Claw. Could this fit the deck? I don't know; Hadronox requires you to have drawn your few Taunters and played them, something Ramp doesn't always get to do by nature. Ramping this minion is actually pretty bad because its Deathrattle simply won't trigger then. Let's see if another Taunt minion ends up being printed for druid; otherwise, I can't say this card will be popular.

5 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Elusive isn't actually going to be a downside

One word: Dinomancy. Bearshark is literally unplayable in any decent hunter deck, because they all run Dinomancy.

1 minute ago, KingMe said:

This is about the same combo that I was thinking when I saw it. 

Add a spoon of Yogg-Saron, Hope's End for more flavour!

1 minute ago, positiv2 said:

One word: Dinomancy. Bearshark is literally unplayable in any decent hunter deck, because they all run Dinomancy.

Dinomancy decks can't run it (Thank god) but Midrange would welcome it due to it's offensive pressure. He is also a new ingredient for Build A Beast. I like him.

4 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

Add a spoon of Yogg-Saron, Hope's End for more flavour!

Ah yes, I love the taste of BM in the morning. lol 

1 hour ago, Oxygen said:

I forgot about that Dino, damn! though, does Dino even get run in aggro/midrange?

Dinomancy doesn't see play in any strong hunter decks, but then again, there are no strong hunter decks.

Anyway, Hunter has a strong 3-cost slot already, so Bearshark will have to compete with cards like Kill Command and Eaglehorn Bow to see play.

2 hours ago, positiv2 said:

Dinomancy doesn't see play in any strong hunter decks, but then again, there are no strong hunter decks.

Anyway, Hunter has a strong 3-cost slot already, so Bearshark will have to compete with cards like Kill Command and Eaglehorn Bow to see play.

Sure, but those don't qualify as 3-*drops*, which, only animal companion really fulfills right now. Huffer rarely lives, too, making it less consistent for Houndmaster. 

10 hours ago, Oxygen said:

Sure, but those don't qualify as 3-*drops*, which, only animal companion really fulfills right now. Huffer rarely lives, too, making it less consistent for Houndmaster. 

Depending on what else is released I might run him over Animal Companion.  As much as I like the card, as you pointed out, it's consistency has proven to be an issue from time to time. 

Bearshark might see play simply because it is such a strong card to houndmaster.  Plus it is a pretty decent card to use with zombeast.  It seems solid all and all, especially since hunter lacks a strong 3 drop.  Probably stronger then rat pack.

Hadronox probably won't see play, stats be weak and the effect is a death rattle.  If you are in a position where you need taunts that late in the game your opponent will just ignore your 9 drop and kill you.  Like it is actually pretty horrifyingly bad.

Edited by VaraTreledees

7 minutes ago, Strongpoint said:

Hm Bearshark looks like a card  for 2 mana 2/3 meta, while Rat Pack is for 2 mana 3/2 meta

We are currently in a 2/3 Meta so......... Manbearpig is in. :D

On 28/07/2017 at 0:06 AM, KingMe said:

We are currently in a 2/3 Meta so......... Manbearpig is in. :D

There's nothing stronger, let's be honest. Manbearpig has the best of every world.

11 hours ago, Blainie said:

There's nothing stronger, let's be honest. Manbearpig has the best of every world.

I agree. Hunter is towards the top of my list for decks to play and Manbearpig will be in x2. 

46 minutes ago, KingMe said:

I agree. Hunter is towards the top of my list for decks to play and Manbearpig will be in x2. 

FACELESS MANIPULATOR FOR X4

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blainie said:

FACELESS MANIPULATOR FOR X4

That might not be a bad thing especially with Build-a-Bear. 

43 minutes ago, KingMe said:

That might not be a bad thing especially with Build-a-Bear. 

Build-a-manbearpig?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KingMe said:

No, Faceless Manipulator might work in the new Hunter because he'll have some cool targets with Build-a-Bear. 

Ahh, I see - so you can double up on the best combos your deck builds. That could have some serious board impact!

On 7/30/2017 at 11:01 AM, Blainie said:

Ahh, I see - so you can double up on the best combos your deck builds. That could have some serious board impact!

This set is getting me more and more amped up. The possibilities are becoming more and more as each card is revealed. :D