Houndmaster — Hunter Card
Table of Contents
Houndmaster is a Hunter-only minion. 2 copies of this card are given to you with the Basic set of the game. You receive a golden version of this card for reaching Level 28 and 30 with Hunter. Below the card images, you will find explanations to help you use the card optimally in every game mode of Hearthstone.
When a Houndmaster manages to land its ability on a Beast minion on curve, it is often enough to carry a game on its own. Not only does the Beast present a huge threat, but even if the Beast is removed, the 4/3 body of the Houndmaster usually enables the Hunter to continue to dominate the board for the next few turns. It should be noted that it is a common mistake to hold onto Houndmaster for too long when there is no Beast in play. If there is no prospect of buffing a Beast any time soon, then playing Houndmaster on Turn 4 to keep up some board presence is often correct.
In Constructed play, Houndmaster is a very powerful card. Most Constructed Hunter decks will tend to include a large proportion of Beasts and Beast generators, which makes Houndmaster a natural pick to put in your deck. If you are playing an Aggro deck, it can effectively present two threats in one turn. On the other hand, if you are playing a more Midrange build of Hunter, the value of the Houndmaster combined with the other value cards in the deck can help to overload your opponent's resources.
Houndmaster is a powerful card in Arena, and can take over the game if used in the early stages of the game. If you are selecting this late in the draft, you can make a big modification to the value based on how many Beast minions, and Beast generating spells you have. If you are picking early however, you can assume you will get a decent number of these.
- Big Blizzard Store Holiday Sale: D2R, Character Services, Shadowlands, Pets, Mounts and More
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Better Working Conditions for ABK Contract Workers
- A Message from Blizzard Co-Lead Jen Oneal
- Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 Delayed: Activision Blizzard Q3 2021 Financial Earnings Call
- Mozaki OTK Mage
- Battlegrounds Hero Tier List
- Battlegrounds Card Tier List
- Classic Miracle Rogue Deck
- Basic Hunter Deck
- Libram Paladin Deck
- Drek'Thar Druid Deck
- Charge OTK Warrior Deck