L0rinda

Knights of the Frozen Throne Card Reveal: Bonemare

14 posts in this topic

2JYSqSm.png

Bonemare has been revealed by Blizzard. It is a 7 Mana Neutral card.

Big minions with high Mana costs usually end up being overrated before we see them being played.

DragNDrop.png

(Image is a courtesy of Hearthpwn)

This time around, however, things might be different. Firstly, the meta has slowed down considerably in recent expansions. On top of that, Taunt has become more valuable, and the mid to late game has become more value driven. With all of those things in mind, Bonemare might find a spot in some decks. The problem it faces is that it competes with The Curator, and you cannot run many 7-drops in your deck. How popular Bonemare ends up being will depend on just how slow the new meta is.

For a full list of previously revealed cards, as well as all of the information about the new expansion, check out our Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion hub.

• Like 1

Seems pretty strong to me - especially in arena. Even more with Paladin. (Worst case you have to use it on turn 9 with heropower for a 5/5 taunt and a 5/5 - which is good.)

And buffing existing minions on the board is always strong, because it is practically a "charge" card.

Only downside is that you have to have a minion on board, but in arena that isn't uncommon at all.

And like I said before, with Paladin your heropower makes sure that you have a minion. Nothing the enemy can do.

I don't think it will see much play in constructed, but in arena, the card is likely to be a top pick. Oh well, another broken 7-cost card joining Flamestrike and Abyssal Enforcer. As per usual, I hope I am wrong.

7 minutes ago, positiv2 said:

I don't think it will see much play in constructed, but in arena, the card is likely to be a top pick. Oh well, another broken 7-cost card joining Flamestrike and Abyssal Enforcer. As per usual, I hope I am wrong.

I wouldn't call this card broken by any means, but it does seem strong. the only save and grace is that, it's much easier for players to deal with a +4/+4 late game than a +2/+2 early game. Paladin already has Silvermoon portal which is a +2/+2 and summons a 2 mana minion. That's on average 4/5 or 5/4 in stats for four mana and it never sees play.

19 minutes ago, Thorosofbeer said:

I wouldn't call this card broken by any means, but it does seem strong. the only save and grace is that, it's much easier for players to deal with a +4/+4 late game than a +2/+2 early game. Paladin already has Silvermoon portal which is a +2/+2 and summons a 2 mana minion. That's on average 4/5 or 5/4 in stats for four mana and it never sees play.

You see it in arena.

And: 4/4 taunt + 5/5 for 7 mana is way better then the stats you mentioned.

22 minutes ago, Thorosofbeer said:

On average, Silvermoon Portal gives you 4/4.5 in stats, which is worse than a vanilla 4-drop, not to mention the riskiness of a random 2-drop, with DoomsayerWild Pyromancer and Ancient Watcher ready to disrupt your game plan. Bonemare, on the other hand, is a 7-mana 9/9 (+ taunt) and is not affected by RNG. That's why it's more powerful than Silvermoon Portal.

1 hour ago, Thorosofbeer said:

Silvermoon portal = spend 2 mana on a weaker version of Mark of the Wild (-taunt) and spend two mana on a random 2 cost minion. This is very weak.

Bonemare = Spend 4 mana on a stronger version of Blessing of Kings and spend 3 mana on 5\5 minion.  Thanks God it is not a beast (even if I find it incosistent, undead dragons are still dragons after all)

I'm slapping one of these in my Hunter. Turn 6 Savannah Highmane then turn 7 Bonemare. It would also work with Manbearpig and Build-A-Beast. Might not be Tier 1 but I like it.

Silvermoon portal text is give +2/2 summon a Doomsayer nobody play it obviously, this on the other hand is very strong since it can change a harmless minion into a huge threat that can't be ignored that covers another 5/5

On 28/07/2017 at 4:37 PM, Hanz39 said:

Silvermoon portal text is give +2/2 summon a Doomsayer nobody play it obviously, this on the other hand is very strong since it can change a harmless minion into a huge threat that can't be ignored that covers another 5/5

The Doomsayer is what makes it good! ;D