FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zadina

Tavern Brawl: A Less Friendly Game of Chess

84ABEwd.png

The Chess encounter from One Night in Karazhan returns in this week's Tavern Brawl.

We've already had a Chess Tavern Brawl a long time ago and some of its elements are present this time too. Players will start as the White or the Black King with 20 health. Your deck is mostly filled with Pawn cards that will automatically attack or use their skill at the end of your turn from left to right. Positioning is very important! You can check our guide on the ONiK encounter to learn more about the Chess Pieces and the positioning strategies.

There are quite a few twists, though. The 2-mana Hero Power now allows you to discover a Chess Piece. The most important change is that you can actually add to your deck 6 single cards (no duplicates) from your own collection to help you succeed. So far, some Priest decks (Shadow Word: Horror is very useful) and Rush Warrior have proven to be decent.

Lastly, you should know that you aren't allowed to use some cards in this Tavern Brawl. All Death Knight cards, as well as Hagatha the Witch are banned - but this rule doesn't seem to affect everyone's favourite EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION, Lord Jaraxxus. Evolve, Devolve and Unstable Evolution are also banned, but they can be generated by other cards, like Witch's Cauldron and Witch's Apprentice.

Good luck!

I won by having opponent conceading.

However, I tried 2 deck: a inner fire priest deck that didn't work at all, and a warlock deck made by Jaraxxus and lots of board clears.

As always I am not much into brawls but I found something weird, either it's on purpose or they code things inconsistently (wouldn't be a surprise ^^).

When you play a card that adds a random card from your opponents class to your hand (e.g. Blink FoxPick Pocket) you get neutral cards or even The Coin but playing a discover card (e.g. Hallucination) lets you discover a card from your opponents selected class.

Edited by Caldyrvan