FORUMS
Lemon1

Saviors of Uldum Card Reveal: Wretched Reclaimer and Khartut Defender

mcRlQKR.jpg

Two more cards from the forthcoming expansion have been revealed on stopgamer.ru, both designed around the new Reborn mechanic.

Two more cards from Saviors of Uldum have been revealed, this time on stopgame.ru: Wretched Reclaimer and Khartut Defender!

normal_sDGh8NID.png

normal_vCYXgdZ.png

The two cards have strong synergy with each other - Wretched Reclaimer will let you make use of Khartut Defender's Deathrattle and Reborn effects twice - and plenty of other uses besides.

Wretched Reclaimer looks like one of the strongest additions yet for Deathrattle- and Reborn-based Priest decks. with a Battlecry that allows you to get extra value out of your on-death effects. As a 3-Mana 3/3, its stats aren't too shabby either. Squint a little, and you might start to see Terrorscale Stalker.

Squint a little at Khartut Defender and you might see another, older card: Antique Healbot. Team 5 have been reluctant to print good Neutral healing in the last few years as it can undermine the identities of certain classes, but Khartut Defender seems like a solid defensive option. It could be a big help to slow Warlock archetypes like Plot Twist Warlock.

Saviors of Uldum releases worldwide on August 6th. Check out our expansion hub for more info on the Reborn mechanic, the return of the League of Explorers, and every card revealed so far.

I don't think Khartut Defender is a good card. We already have a similar card, whose name I don't remember (5 mana 4/5 taunt, with a deathrattle: restore 4 health). That did not see much play, neither will this.

16 minutes ago, FanOfValeera said:

We already have a similar card, whose name I don't remember (5 mana 4/5 taunt, with a deathrattle: restore 4 health).

Rotten Applebaum, and it is being played. But I don't think Khartut Defender is better, and it is more expensive, so I agree with you.

The split body effect on taunts is what make those who have it good... you know Voidlord or Sludge Belcher the concept behind them is to make your opponent waste multiple resource to remove them or soak multiple attacks since the second body won't come out until the first die they are immune to AOE effects.

Also the reborn stuff can be abused by other cards making this a good card and a nightmare if your enemy draw this in arena.

But it has 3 atk so if you play priest Shadow Madness will be a very nasty surprise for your opponent (and for all the other reborn minions)