Hunger Reaper Gearing Guide for Lost Ark
The highly mobile Reaper sports a dagger as it's weapon, alongside of the ability to vanish on command and even summon clones of itself to defeat enemies. Reaper can cycle through three modes of combat: Normal, Persona, and Chaos.
Hunger: Accessories, Card Sets, Engravings and Gearsets
With a focus solely on Chaos Mode,can evenly build Specialization and Swiftness for general use or prioritize Swiftness for a faster playstyle at the cost of damage. Entering Chaos Mode requires building two bars of gauge initially and does not constantly have to rebuild like , so Specialization is not heavily prioritized. The bonuses from Swiftness help with lowering cooldowns, faster skill casts and overall mobility. does suffer from low initial critical rate, which can be increased via gearsets, cards, engravings, tripod options and party synergy.
Card selection for Reaper is shared across both engravings. While Reaper has critical rate tripods on its Swoop skills, usingis still a good choice if you do not have at 18 Awakening. When playing , your stat distribution is more weighted towards Specialization and Swiftness. This requires the use of to further increase your critical rate and is another +7% bonus on top of that. However, it should be noted that if you opt to take tripods that do not increase your critical rate; both and lose value.
With this being said, another option is to use the Three Umar Families at 15 Awakening to increase your Back Attack damage. This leaves three card slots open for a variety of options. Defensive card sets help with Reaper's low Effective HP.is a 3-card set that increases healing items' recovery and defense when Awakened. This card setup is fairly niche and makes your ability on hitting Back Attacks even more important. If you are unable to obtain Three Umar Families, or , it's better to use HP card sets over anything else. An HP cushion is better than nothing and could be the difference between living a hit or getting this year's "Floor MVP" award. The undeniable best card set would be to obtain at 18 (or 30) Awakening. It takes quite a bit of time and luck to obtain, as you cannot truly brute force cards like you can with other things in the game.
Reaper's engravings are fairly straight-forward, with different options depending on your stat distribution and skill tripods. Staying in Chaos Mode does increase your critical rate, move speed and attack speed, which provides synergy with some engravings. Reaper's stat build focuses either on high Swiftness or balanced between Swiftness and Specialization.
- is a standard damage engraving. As a DPS you should be using this as an immediate slot-in for your setup.
- is a staple for Earth's Entropy users. While there is initially a learning curve for when and where to get Back Attack uptime, with practice and fight familiarity comes a huge DPS increase when using this engraving.
- can be used as an alternative to , especially with high Swiftness builds. Additionally, the tripod on can further increase your move speed before using your main DPS skills.
- further highlights Reaper's squishiness but can be used regardless of stat builds unlike .
- can help with Hunger's low critical rate. With low cooldown skills, isn't hard to build nor maintain. Pairing this with card bonuses, skill tripods, party synergy and Chaos Mode's buff gives Hunger a respectable critical rate.
- is rather niche and must be paired with to really get any good mileage out of it. While this engraving can work, it's still less of a priority than or in terms of consistency.
Starting out in Tier 1 and 2, you'll use the Seraphic Oath and Marvelous Earth gear sets. Upon being able to use Legendary grade gear, you can use the Boisterous Elemental and Unyielding Will sets. In Tier 3, Chaos Dungeons will provide you with throw-away gear that you'll transfer into Legendary gear after reaching 1370. A primary focus is to use the Preordained Diligence to further increase your critical rate until you can reach 1445 and obtain Relic grade gear. After reaching 1445, Earth's Entropy is the best gear set to use; providing critical damage, critical rate and Back Attack damage.
Accessories and Stat Distribution
Hunger can utilize a 50:50 distribution of Swiftness and Specialization. Aside from moments where you cannot upkeep your Chaos Mode, high Specialization is not needed as you will not be constantly building and spending gauge like. Swiftness grants faster cooldowns and opportunity to use . Generally, this build provides good output as Specialization scales your Swoop skills' damage. The Swiftness paired with a tripod on that reduces the cooldown of your Swoop skills and skill runes such as ensures constant usage of skills. Building high Swiftness gives more of a piano-type playstyle. You'll be using skills very frequently and always have something up. While the lower Specialization means less damage on Swoop skills and gauge generation, you'll be using skills way more often. Although, it should be mentioned that if you are unable to DPS on the boss due to downtime, the effectiveness of this build drops.
- 50:50 Swiftness / Specialization
- Swift/Spec Necklace
- 1x Swift Earring and 1x Spec Earring
- 1x Swift Ring and 1x Spec Ring
- Spec/Swiftness Bracelet
- High Swiftness
- Swift/Spec Necklace
- 2x Swift Earrings
- 2x Swift Rings
- Spec/Swiftness Bracelet
- 14 Nov. 2022: Guide Added.
- Lost Ark Bot Banwave and Witcher Crossover Event
- Lost Ark December Update Release Notes: Wreck the Halls
- Join Us Live on Twitch for the Icy Veins Podcast
- New Lost Ark Skill Tree Tripod System Release Date, Transfer Details
- Official Lost Ark Reaper Class Preview
- Lost Ark Weekly Update, October 12th: Ark Pass Season 2 Arrives
- Lost Ark Roadmap for End of 2022 and Beyond: Brelshaza, 2 Classes, New Raids, Ark Pass and More
- 4-Day Fever Time Arktoberfest Ending Event