Classic Guide to Warlock's Best Addons and Macros
Welcome to our Addons & Macros guide for Warlocks where you will find out what the best addons and macros are for your Warlock in WoW Classic.
While it is possible to play perfectly with the default UI, there are many critical things missing that will make your life more difficult. This is where addons can be extremely useful. There are a vast number of addons, including more comprehensive UI packages, but below we have listed some of the basic addons that are highly recommended as a Warlock.
2.1. Questie (Quest Helper)
Quest helper addons like Questie are a must have and will make your leveling experience much smoother. Over the years, Blizzard has reworked WoW's questing interface to make it more user friendly and to present more information. In Classic, that was not the case. Quests were not readily displayed on the map, enemies did not have text to indicate you should kill them for a quest you had, and items did not have the glowing lines or sparkles around them to let you know that you should interact with them for a quest.
2.2. Weak Auras
Weak Auras is a very popular addon in modern WoW that allows you to create and customizes trackers for different auras such as your damage cooldowns. This addon gives you lots of customization and will let you track whatever you want, however you want.
2.3. Recount (Damage Meter)
Being able to track and compare your damage with other people's is a valuable tool and does not exist in the default UI. Recount lets you do so quite easily.
2.4. Boss Mods
If you plan to raid, having a Boss Mod addon, such as Deadly Boss Mods is a must. It will help you track important raid abilities and give you important messages from fight to fight. Most importantly, it will give you warnings and notifications if you are targeted by something or if an important mechanic is happening.
2.5. Classic Aura Durations
By default, aura and debuff durations will not have timers on enemy frames. This can make it quite difficult to track when your DoTs are about to fall, and can lead to downtime on important spells like Corruption. Classic Aura Durations adds a timer to the debuffs, similar to how they are displayed on retail WoW.
3.1. Pet Recall
Sometimes, your pet will just go somewhere that you do not want it to go. This macro calls your pet back and ensures it will not start attacking something.
3.2. Pet Attack
- #showtooltip Immolate
- /cast Immolate
A simple but useful macro that commands your pet to attack a target while also casting Immolate on it. This is very useful for opening on new targets while soloing when you want your pet to tank. Replace Immolate with any spell that you want if you desire.
3.3. Spammable Wand
- /cast !Shoot
Normally, if you keep hitting your Shoot button, it will toggle between attacking and not attacking a target. This macro makes it so that you can spam the button and it will always command you to attack the enemy with a wand, allowing you to always get the optimal number of attacks off, even while moving and stopping.
3.4. Spammabel Drain
- #showtooltip Drain Life
- /cast [nochanneling:Drain Life] Drain Life
Normally, if you cast Drain Life while already casting it, you would start a new cast instead. This ensures that you will never clip Drain Lifes, thus not wasting mana. You can replicate this with Drain Soul or any other channeled spell that you wish to spam.
- 02 Sep. 2019: Reworked the spammable wand macro.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Page added.
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- A Classic Journey: Incredible Art in Animated Series Style
- Spanish WoW Classic Servers Coming Soon
- Paid Character Transfers Considered for WoW Classic
- WoW Classic Realms Population Report: September 12th
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|
- What Raid Was Your Favorite