Wailing Caverns Quests Guide
This guide lists all the quests you can do in the Wailing Caverns dungeon: Horde quests, class quests, profession quests, quests you need to get before entering the dungeons, and quests you get inside the dungeons. The idea is to help you do all the quests in a single run of the dungeon.
For more information about the dungeon, please refer to our detailed Wailing Caverns dungeon guide.
There are a number of quests available in Wailing Caverns, both before you enter the dungeon and once you are inside.
Below is a list of the quests available to players, along with their level requirement. Note that there are no Alliance-only quests in the dungeon.
- /  Deviate Eradication
- /  Deviate Hides
-  Leaders of the Fang
-  Serpentbloom
- /  Smart Drinks
- /  The Glowing Shard (started inside the dungeon)
- /  Trouble at the Docks
Both Alliance and Horde players will need to be at least Level 15 to complete every quest in this dungeon.
Quests Started Outside Wailing Caverns
The following quests should be picked up before entering the instance by Horde players:
- Leaders of the Fang (requires Level 10) — loot a gem from each of the 4 Leaders of the Fang. This is a Horde-only quest given by Nara Wildmane in Thunder Bluff after completing the collection questline from Tonga Runetotem in The Barrens.
- Serpentbloom (requires Level 14) — collect 10 Serpentbloom from the instance. This is a Horde-only quest given by Apothecary Zamah in Thunder Bluff.
Leaders of the Fang
In order to pick up this quest, players will need to complete a number of quests in The Barrens. The first chain required starts with Arch Druid Hamuul Runetotem The Elder Rise of Thunder Bluff and requires you to head to meet Tonga Runetotem in The Barrens.
- The Barrens Oases
- The Forgotten Pools
- The Stagnant Oasis
- Altered Beings
- New chain starts with Hamuul Runetotem
- Nara Wildmane
- Leaders of the Fang
The following quests should be picked up before entering the instance by all players:
- Deviate Eradication (requires Level 15) — kill 7 Deviate Ravager, Deviate Viper, Deviate Shambler, and Deviate Dreadfang in the instance. This is picked up above the entrance to the cave that leads to the instance.
- Deviate Hides (requires Level 13) — collect 20 Deviate Hides from trash within the instance. This is picked up above the entrance to the cave that leads to the instance.
- Smart Drinks (requires Level 13) — collect 6 portions of Wailing Essence. This is picked up from Mebok Mizzyrix in Ratchet.
- Trouble at the Docks (requires Level 14) — retrieve the bottle of 99-Year-Old Port from Mad Magglish in the Wailing Caverns. This is picked up from Crane Operator Bigglefuzz in Ratchet.
In order to unlock this quest, you will need to complete Raptor Horns, which is given by the same questgiver, Mebok Mizzyrix in Ratchet.
Trouble at the Docks
There are multiple spawn points for this NPC and, unfortunately, he comes with a fairly long respawn timer. He is located in the caves outside of the instance and hides in stealth, meaning he can be very difficult to find. We would recommend simply skipping this quest if you do not find him immediately, as the rewards are not hugely worth it.
Quests Started Inside Wailing Caverns
There is only 1 quest available inside the dungeon and it is available to both factions.
- The Glowing Shard (requires Level 15) — this requires you to find someone in Ratchet that can tell you more about the Glowing Shard. You will need to take the shard to Sputtervalve in Ratchet, then head to Falla Sagewind, who is found on top of the mountain that covers Wailing Caverns.
The Glowing Shard
This quest starts with the Glowing Shard, which drops from Mutanus the Devourer. Once you have used the item, you will head to Sputtervalve, who can be found next to the Flight Master in Ratchet.
He will send you to Falla Sagewind, who is located on top of the Wailing Caverns mountain. Once you have turned this in, you will get the next quest in the chain, In Nightmares or In Nightmares.
Notable Quest Loot from the Wailing Caverns
|Wingblade||Leaders of the Fang||Weapon|
|Crescent Staff||Leaders of the Fang||Weapon|
|Deviate Hide Pack||Deviate Hides||Bag|
- 09 Oct. 2019: Page added.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Season of Mastery Beta Update: October 13th
- The Return of Large Groups in Battlegrounds
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Design Intentions and Details
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- WoW Classic Season of Mastery Beta Notes: October 5th
- Burning Crusade and WoW Classic Hotfixes: October 4th
- Brewfest Extended an Extra Day in Burning Crusade Classic
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- When will we see a pre-patch tbc page?
- Icecold (A) - Ashbringer EU
- Inner Circle Recruiting For TBC
- New onyxia kill time