Scarlet Monastery Quests Guide
This guide lists all the quests you can do in the Scarlet Monastery dungeons: Alliance quests, Horde quests, class quests, profession quests, quests you need to get before entering the dungeons, and quests you get inside the dungeons. The idea is to help you do all the quests in a single run of the dungeon.
For more information about the dungeon, please refer to our detailed Scarlet Monastery hub for guides on all 4 wings.
Scarlet Monastery has a fairly small number of quests for such a large dungeon, meaning the majority of the focus on this dungeon is for grinding and the boss drops.
Nonetheless, there are some easily obtainable and completable quests in the instance, and all of them are listed below, along with their level requirements and factions.
- Multiple Wings
- A  In the Name of the Light
- H  Into The Scarlet Monastery
- Graveyard Wing
- H  Hearts of Zeal
- H  Vorrel's Revenge (started inside the dungeon)
- Library Wing
- H  Compendium of the Fallen
- A  Mythology of the Titans
- H  Test of Lore
- A/ H  Rituals of Power
- Armory Wing
- The Armory Wing has no quests that take place solely in this wing.
- Cathedral Wing
- The Cathedral Wing has no quests that take place solely in this wing.
Horde players will need to be at least Level 33 to complete all of the quests in this dungeon, while Alliance players will need to be at least Level 34.
Scarlet Monastery Quests in Multiple Wings
Scarlet Monastery features a kill quest that has 4 targets for players to kill, with each of them being in a different instance. For the Alliance, the quest is In the Name of the Light, and for the Horde it is Into The Scarlet Monastery.
To complete the quest, players will need to kill Houndmaster Loksey in the Scarlet Monastery: Library, Herod in the Scarlet Monastery: Armory, and High Inquisitor Whitemane and Scarlet Commander Mograine in the Scarlet Monastery: Cathedral.
While the Horde quest has no requirement other than being Level 33, the Alliance will need to not only be Level 34, but also have completed Down the Scarlet Path, which is the end of a quest chain. This quest chain starts with Brother Anton, which is given by Brother Anton in Stormwind.
Scarlet Monastery Graveyard Wing Quests
There are 2 quests in the Graveyard wing, both of which are Horde-only. There are no quests for Alliance players in this wing at all. One of the quests, Vorrel's Revenge is started inside the dungeon.
- Hearts of Zeal (requires Level 30) — collect 20 Heart of Zeal from trash in the dungeon. This quest is given by Master Apothecary Faranell in Undercity. If you are able to, you can do this quest solo by killing the trash in the dungeon for a 100% drop rate on the hearts.
- Vorrel's Revenge (requires Level 25) — kill Nancy Vishas, a Level 33 elite found in Alterac Mountains, and return the wedding ring to Vorrel's wife. This quest is picked up after killing Interrogator Vishas in the dungeon by talking to Vorrel Sengutz.
Hearts of Zeal
This quest can only be completed if you have finished the quest Going, Going, Guano! in the Razorfen Kraul dungeon.
Scarlet Monastery Library Wing Quests
There are 4 quests in the Library wing of Scarlet Monastery, 2 of which are Horde-only, 1 of which is Mage-only, and the last is Alliance-only.
There is only 1 quest for the Alliance in the Library wing and that is Mythology of the Titans, which is given to you by Librarian Mae Paledust in the Hall of Explorers in Ironforge. You need to retrieve the book Mythology of the Titans from the library. To find this, go to the first room on the left of the corridor before Arcanist Doan's corridor. It is on the ground between two benches.
Players will need to be Level 28 to pick this quest up.
- Compendium of the Fallen (requires Level 28) — retrieve the book Compendium of the Fallen. This quest is given by Sage Truthseeker in Thunder Bluff. This book can be found at the final corner of the corridor before Arcanist Doan's corridor. It is in the bookcase. Note that you cannot pick this quest up as an Undead player.
- Test of Lore (requires Level 25) — retrieve the book Beginnings of the Undead Threat. To find this book, head through the corridor after the open courtyard area and go turn into the next one. Go into the first room on the left and it is on a table. This quest is given by Parqual Fintallas, in the Stonetalon Mountains.
Test of Lore
This quest is given by Parqual Fintallas, but only after completing the chain that starts with Test of Faith. This starting quest is given to you by Dorn Plainstalker in Thousand Needles.
The chain is as follows:
- Test of Faith
- Test of Endurance
- Test of Strength
- Test of Lore
- Test of Lore
- Test of Lore
- Test of Lore
- Test of Lore
- Test of Lore
- Final Passage
There is a Mage class quest in this wing that is available to both Alliance and Horde Mages at Level 30.
Rituals of Power requires you to get the book Rituals of Power from the dungeon. This quest is given by Tabetha in Dustwallow Marsh and is part of a chain that starts with Journey to the Marsh from the Mage trainers in Stormwind and Orgrimmar.
The book is located on a bookshelf in Arcanist Doan's corridor.
Scarlet Monastery Armory Wing Quests
There are no quests in the Armory wing specifically, but there are kill targets for the multi-wing quests, as mentioned above. Players will need to kill Herod for Into The Scarlet Monastery and In the Name of the Light.
Scarlet Monastery Cathedral Wing Quests
There are no quests that are specific to the Cathedral wing, but killing Scarlet Commander Mograine and High Inquisitor Whitemane is required for both Alliance (In the Name of the Light) and Horde quests (Into The Scarlet Monastery).
Notable Quest Rewards from Scarlet Monastery
The quests from this wing have very poor rewards and are not worth mentioning.
Note that the following loot is not rewarded from a quest directly in the dungeon, but is rewarded from another quest in the chain of the Mage-only quest, Rituals of Power.
|Icefury Wand||Mage's Wand||Wand|
|Nether Force Wand||Mage's Wand||Wand|
|Ragefire Wand||Mage's Wand||Wand|
|Black Menace||In the Name of the Light||Weapon|
|Bonebiter||In the Name of the Light||Weapon|
|Orb of Lorica||In the Name of the Light||Off Hand|
|Sword of Serenity||In the Name of the Light||Weapon|
|Dragon's Blood Necklace||Into The Scarlet Monastery||Neck|
|Prophetic Cane||Into The Scarlet Monastery||Off Hand|
|Sword of Omen||Into The Scarlet Monastery||Weapon|
- 09 Dec. 2019: Added note about Compendium quest and Undead players.
- 18 Oct. 2019: Page added.
- World's Fastest Onyxia Speed Kill in WoW Classic
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Update: April 9th
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Burning Crusade Classic Beta Raid Testing: April 13 - 15
- Daily Instance Cap is Over 50 on The Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Sealed Packages Added on the Burning Crusade Classic Beta
- Burning Crusade Classic Boost Quests: Brand New BC Content
- New Burning Crusade Classic Build: Cap Raised to Level 70 & More
- New onyxia kill time
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Chaos Recruiting for TBC Classic [H] [Herod]
- No one wants retris
- Shaman Tank Guide - Shaman Tanking in WoW
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- TBC Transition+
- Looking for guild with EARLY RAID TIMES