Classic Guide to Warlocks' Best Macros
Welcome to our Macros guide for Warlocks where you will find out what the best macros are for your Warlock in WoW Classic.
While this is not an exhaustive list of all possible / useful macros, we will be exemplifying almost all macro functionalities below. Use these templates as an example and replace their spells with the ones you feel will be most useful to you, personally.
Classic Warlock Macro Templates
Sometimes, your pet will just go somewhere that you do not want it to go. This macro calls your pet back and ensures it will not start attacking something.
- #showtooltip Immolate
- /cast Immolate
A simple but useful macro that commands your pet to attack a target while also casting Immolate on it. This is very useful for opening on new targets while soloing when you want your pet to tank. Replace Immolate with any spell that you want if you desire.
Single Button Pet Spells
- /cast [@mouseover,exists,pet:felhunter][@target,pet:felhunter]Spell Lock; [@mouseover,exists,pet:succubus][@target,pet:succubus]Seduction
- /cast [pet:Voidwalker] Sacrifice; [pet:imp] Fire shield; [pet:succubus,@mouseover,exists,nodead][pet:succubus,@target] Seduction; [pet:felhunter,@mouseover,exists,nodead][pet:felhunter,@target] Devour Magic;
These macros allow you to bind a spell from each pet to the same bind. The first one specifically will cast Spell Lock if you have a Felhunter, or Seduction if you have a Succubus. The second one will do the same thing, except with Sacrifice, Fire Shield, Seduction, and Devour Magic.
- /cast !Shoot
Normally, if you keep hitting your Shoot button, it will toggle between attacking and not attacking a target. This macro makes it so that you can spam the button and it will always command you to attack the enemy with a wand, allowing you to always get the optimal number of attacks off, even while moving and stopping.
- #showtooltip Drain Life
- /cast [nochanneling:Drain Life] Drain Life
Normally, if you cast Drain Life while already casting it, you would start a new cast instead. This ensures that you will never clip Drain Lifes, thus not wasting mana. You can replicate this with Drain Soul or any other channeled spell that you wish to spam.
Classic Warlock Addons
Macros are very important in making your character play as smoothly as possible, but so do addons, for which reason we recommend that you also read our Warlock Addons page.
- 24 Feb. 2020: Page added.
- Guides for Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Now Live
- Burning Crusade Classic 2.5.3 Development Notes: January 13th
- BCC Phase 3 Season 3 PvP Adjustments
- Burning Crusade Classic Phase 3 Release Schedule
- Burning Crusade Classic Hotfixes: January 12th
- A Dramatic UBRS Hardcore Death and Escape
- Reminder: Burning Crusade Classic Season 2 Ending Soon
- When Your Cat Kills Your Hardcore Character
- Shaman Tank comprehensive guide - Learn how to master World of Warcraft Classic Season of Mastery as a proficient Shaman Tank
- Melee Hunter Guide - Playing World of Warcraft as a Melee Hunter
- Jailer is in ICC!
- A-Whitemane-OHANA 8/10
- Shaman Tank Guide - Playing WoW as a Shaman Tank
- New player interested in TBC - Boost or level?
- Hunter Macros for TBC Cassic?
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?