Thorium Brotherhood Reputation Farming Guide
The Thorium Brotherhood is a faction of Dwarves who have split from the Dark Iron clan.
These talented craftsmen and blacksmiths reside at the Thorium Point, built on the cliffs overlooking the region called the Cauldron, in the far north of the Searing Gorge.
In this guide, we will focus on how to earn reputation with this faction in order to obtain the rewards that they offer.
The Thorium Brotherhood faction in WoW Classic is a Dark Iron Dwarf faction most closely associated with the Molten Core raid instance and Blackrock Depths dungeon.
The main reason for gaining reputation with the Brotherhood is to unlock the unique crafting recipes they have for each profession. Especially the Fire Resistance gear needed against various raid bosses and Blacksmithing plans at Exalted to craft epic weapons.
Also The Brotherhood's quartermaster is the only one who can help you craft the Legendary Two-Handed Hammer Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.
2. Gaining Reputation
You can do certain quests related with the faction at the Searing Gorge. You will start to quest at the Thorium Advance at the eastern part of the zone, advance to Thorium Point, and at the end reach the Iron Summit.
The main way to gain reputation for the Thorium Brotherhood, however, is to bring materials for the repeatable quests offered by the faction's members.
2.1. Repeatable Quests
2.1.1. From Neutral to Friendly
Master Smith Burninate at the Thorium Point will have three quest options for you until you reach Friendly:
- Restoring Fiery Flux Supplies via Heavy Leather;
- Restoring Fiery Flux Supplies via Iron;
- Restoring Fiery Flux Supplies via Kingsblood.
To complete these quests, you need to respectively turn in:
- 2x Incendosaur Scale, 1x Coal, 10x Heavy Leather;
- 2x Incendosaur Scale, 1x Coal, 4x Iron Bar;
- 2x Incendosaur Scale, 1x Coal, 4x Kingsblood.
Each turn-in awards 25 reputation, which means you will need to complete 120 turn-ins. Obtaining the mats can be done as follows.
- You will mainly need Incendosaur Scale for all three quests so you need to farm Incendosaurs in Searing Gorge for those.
- Coal can be bought from Master Smith Burninate, the same NPC who is offeirng these quests.
- Heavy Leather can be farmed by Skinners.
- Iron Bar can be made by Miners.
- Kingsblood can be gathered by Herbalists.
2.1.2. From Friendly to Honored
You can farm Dark Iron Residue from mobs and bosses at Blackrock Depths, the 5-man Dungeon inside the Blackrock Mountain, which you will be visiting quite a lot for the next step of material turn-ins.
2.1.3. From Honored to Exalted
After reaching Honored, you will continue with Lokhtos Darkbargainer who is also the Quartermaster of the Thorium Brotherhood, residing in The Grim Guzzler bar inside the Blackrock Depths. He will offer you five repeatable quests:
- Favor Amongst the Brotherhood, Dark Iron Ore;
- Favor Amongst the Brotherhood, Fiery Core;
- Favor Amongst the Brotherhood, Lava Core;
- Favor Amongst the Brotherhood, Core Leather;
- Favor Amongst the Brotherhood, Blood of the Mountain.
To complete each of these quests, you need to respectively turn in:
- 10x Dark Iron Ore for 50 reputation;
- 1x Fiery Core for 200 reputation;
- 1x Lava Core for 200 reputation;
- 2x Core Leather for 150 reputation;
- 1x Blood of the Mountain for 200 reputation.
These materials can be farmed from mobs and bosses in the Molten Core raid instance and you can repeat these until you reach Exalted.
3. Rewards and Quartermaster
The Thorium Brotherhood Quartermaster is Lokhtos Darkbargainer, he is a Dark Iron Dwarf and as mentioned before, resides in The Grim Guzzler bar, inside the Blackrock Depths. The rewards he is selling are listed in the table below.
4. How to Get Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros
The Legendary Two-Handed Hammer, Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, is obtained through a crafting process that involves the Thorium Brotherhood.
- In the Molten Core raid, Golemagg the Incinerator drops an item named Sulfuron Ingot.
- If you get this item, Lokhtos Darkbargainer offers you a quest named A Binding Contract.
- If you complete the quest you will be rewarded with a Blacksmithing plan, Plans: Sulfuron Hammer.
- This plan needs 300 (Artisan) Blacksmith skill to be learned and requires:
- These items are mostly very rare and very expensive, but if you can gather them, you can make the Sulfuron Hammer with it.
- Finally, when you combine Sulfuron Hammer with the Eye of Sulfuras, an item that drops from Ragnaros the Firelord (the final boss of Molten Core), then you will get the Legendary Two-Handed Hammer Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros.
- 06 Aug. 2019: Guide added.
- Instance Reset Bans and Exploit Clarification
- WoW Classic City Tour: Stormwind
- Repeated Instance Encounter Reset Hotfix and Possible Bans
- WoW Classic Tank and Healer Rankings/Tier List
- A Classic Journey: Incredible Art in Animated Series Style
- Spanish WoW Classic Servers Coming Soon
- Paid Character Transfers Considered for WoW Classic
- WoW Classic Realms Population Report: September 12th
- Shaman Tank Guide - Serious Look at Shaman Tanking in World of Warcraft
- Which class are you going to play in Classic and why?
- [A] Ludicrous Speed Oceanic - Arugal - PvP (Australia/NZ/Asia)
- Smite Priest DPS Guide
- Netherwind Realm Discord Link (One of the newer US East PVP Realms)
- WoW Classic - [Alliance] Chill Casual [Kirtonos] [Raids Sat/Sun 8-11pm]
- WoW Classic Guild - NewGen |Hardcore|Horde|European|
- What Raid Was Your Favorite