Season of Discovery Feral Druid Tank Guide
Welcome to our Feral Druid Tank guide for WoW Classic - Season of Discovery, tailored for PvE content. Here, you will learn how to play the Druid class as a Feral Druid Tank. Click the links below to navigate the guide or read this page for a short introduction.
While there were a handful of Feral Druids running around top tier raids, they were mostly relegated to off-tank duties due to being able to use the same talents for both tanking and DPS with just some gear swaps, but their viability as main tanks has increased in Season of Discovery with the new runes.
- Area threat is the worst among all tanks outside Berserk windows
- Cannot block, making tanking many mobs more dangerous than for block tanks
- While you can become a Windfury Totem buff provider with a new rune, Wild Strikes, this forces you to lose your main tanking rune, Survival of the Fittest
Season of Discovery
Feral Druid main Tanks are much more viable in Season of Discovery due to the addition of the rune system, and the Survival of the Fittest rune in particular, which gives Bear Form Druids massive damage reduction and critical strike immunity without any gearing requirements.
The availability of Blessing of Salvation and Spirit of the Alpha in Phase 2 also reduces threat output requirements, which is fantastic for all tanks, and Druid in particular.
They are the best off-tanks due to using very similar talents for tanking and DPSing, and it is easy to use runes that work for both roles, as well as swapping those runes to excel at one particular job whenever needed. Thus, Feral Druids can go from tanking to DPSing almost as well as a pure DPS by just swapping their gear and runes, or use a mixed build and runes to do good damage while not tanking in a fight.
Through the addition of entirely new abilities and runes, the rotation, gearing options, and talent decisions for Feral Druid Tank has changed with the coming of Season of Discovery. Browse the guides in the Table of Content at the top of this page to find all the information you'll need to master this new game mode!
The best profession to have as a Feral is Engineering. It provides powerful items that you can use in both PvE and PvP content to either deal damage or help you get out of a tough spot.
Leatherworking is also a great choice for Feral Druids due to special bind on pickup crafts such as Void-Touched Leather Gloves and Glowing Gneuro-Linked Cowl , with further important BoP crafts expected down the line.
Rune Engravings for Feral Druid Tank
The main feature of Season of Discovery is the new Rune Discovery system, which allows you to discover and attach special abilities to your gear slots after finding them across the world. We list all of Druid's runes and where they can be located in the guide below.
- 10 Feb. 2024: Updated for Phase 2.
- 14 Dec. 2023: Removed mention of Innervate for now, as it is a level 40 spell.
- Blizzard on AoE Threat in SoD Phase 2
- Season of Discovery and Classic Era Hotfixes: February 16th
- Additional Tuning Coming to Priests in Season of Discovery
- Gnomeregan SoD DPS and Healer Rankings: Week 1
- SoD Subjugate Demon Nerf Due to 5-Minute Control of Metamorphosis Warlocks
- Upcoming Season of Discovery Phase 2 Class Tuning: February 20th
- Season of Discovery Hotfixes: February 14th
- Shadowfang Keep Teleport Available in Wrath Classic