Stratholme Live Quests Guide
This guide lists all the quests you can do in the Live wing of the Stratholme dungeon: Alliance quests, Horde quests, class quests, profession quests, quests you need to get before entering the dungeons, and quests you get inside the dungeons. Note that players cannot complete all of the quests for this dungeon in a single run.
For more information about the dungeon, please refer to our detailed Stratholme hub guide.
Stratholme Live has a number of quests that can be completed by both factions, with no faction specific quests in this wing. Below is a list of the quests, along with their level requirement.
-  Houses of the Holy
-  Of Love and Family
-  The Archivist
-  The Great Fras Siabi
-  The Left Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet
-  The Medallion of Faith (starts inside the dungeon)
-  The Restless Souls
-  The Right Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet
-  The Truth Comes Crashing Down (starts inside the dungeon)
In order to complete every quest in this wing, players will need to be at least Level 58 for both factions.
Quests Started Outside Stratholme Live
The quests that are started outside the Live wing of Stratholme are as follows.
- Houses of the Holy (requires Level 55) — collect 5 Stratholme Holy Water from crates around the dungeon. This quest is given by Leonid Barthalomew the Revered in the Eastern Plaguelands.
- Of Love and Family (requires Level 52) — return the painting Of Love and Family to Tirion Fordring in the Eastern Plaguelands. This quest is given by Artist Renfray in Caer Darrow in the Western Plaguelands.
- The Archivist (requires Level 55) — slay Archivist Galford and burn his archive. This quest is given by Duke Nicholas Zverenhoff in Light's Hope Chapel, in the Eastern Plaguelands.
- The Great Fras Siabi (requires Level 55) — kill Fras Siabi and loot Siabi's Premium Tobacco. This quest is given by Smokey LaRue in Light's Hope in the Eastern Plaguelands.
- The Left Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet (requires Level 58) — please see the section below that gives more info on this quest.
- The Restless Souls (requires Level 55) — use Egan's Blaster to free 15 Restless Souls in the dungeon by targeting ghosts with the blaster, and then using it again on souls that appear. This quest is given by Egan in the Eastern Plaguelands, to the southwest of Stratholme.
- The Right Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet (requires Level 58) — please see the section below that gives more info on this quest.
Of Love and Family
This quest is part of a chain that starts with Tirion Fordring on the bank of the river in the west of the Eastern Plaguelands.
- Of Forgotten Memories
- Of Lost Honor
- Of Love and Family
- Of Love and Family
- Find Myranda
- Scarlet Subterfuge
In order to start this quest chain, you will need to have completed the kill quests that Tirion Fordring gives you while he is in the Western Plaguelands, on the road leading out of Hearthglen.
These quests are Blood Tinged Skies, Carrion Grubbage, and Demon Dogs.
Players that are also trying to complete the Of Love and Family quest need to loot the painting before burning the archive. If you do not, you will no longer be able to loot it, as it burns with the room.
This quest must be completed and handed in before Balnazzar will drop his head for The Truth Comes Crashing Down.
The Great Fras Siabi
If you wipe to this boss, you will no longer be able to obtain the tobacco until you reset the dungeon.
Lord Valthalak's Amulet Quests
There are two quests that players can potentially be sent to Stratholme to complete. The Left Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet and The Right Piece of Lord Valthalak's Amulet are both possible quests that can be obtained during the process of upgrading the dungeon tier sets.
The questgiver, Bodley, who can be found near Upper Blackrock Spire, will give you a quest to obtain each half of the amulet. There are 4 possible quests that can be given to you each time, with each one sending you to a different dungeon.
The quest that goes to Stratholme requires you to kill Jarien and Sothos, who can be summoned after killing the final boss of the Live wing.
You can only start this extremely long chain of quests after you have obtained the first dungeon set for your class.
The Restless Souls
In order to get this quest, you will first need to complete The Restless Souls, which starts with Caretaker Alen near Light's Hope in the Eastern Plaguelands.
Quests Started Inside Stratholme Live
There are 2 quests that start inside the dungeon for this wing, and they are as follows.
- The Truth Comes Crashing Down (requires Level 55) — take the Head of Balnazzar to Duke Nicholas Zverenhoff at Light's Hope in the Eastern Plaguelands. You will receive this after killing the boss and looting him, but only if you have completed The Archivist and handed it in.
- The Medallion of Faith (requires Level 55) — this quest is started by Aurius, who is found at the start of the Stratholme Undead wing. You will need to retrieve the Medallion of Faith from a chest just behind Malor the Zealous.
Notable Quest Loot from Stratholme Live
None of the quests in this wing reward any good loot directly, but there are many that have good rewards later on in their respective chains.
The final quest in the chain of Of Love and Family awards players with Fordring's Seal, Mark of Fordring, Ornate Adamantium Breastplate, Shimmering Platinum Warhammer, and Shroud of the Exile.
The follow-up quest from The Medallion of Faith rewards Blood of the Martyr and Will of the Martyr.
The quest chain from the Lord Valthalak's Amulet quests will allow players to upgrade multiple dungeon set pieces.
- 30 Oct. 2019: Guide added.
- Season of Mastery to Wrath Classic and Classic Era Transfers
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 14th
- New Tabard for Current Season Available in Wrath Classic
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 11th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 10th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 7th
- Wrath Classic Hotfixes: October 6th
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic Phase 1 Raid and Gearing Guides